1. This forum is in read-only mode.

do i need this file

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gameboy5.0, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

not sure if this is the right place but i need to know some thing. when i dowload a game for the ps1 i get 3 files 2 that are small and 1 that take a lot of space. i want to know if i nedd the one with a lot of space. relly i want to know so i can put the game on my usb drive but i got only 1G and i like to get the 3 spyro games for the ps1 crash and brave

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

How are you wanting to play it? The 2 files that are small in size, have instructions or datasheets linked to the main image (commonly used for burning etc.).

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

The file with a lot of space contains all of the data for the game so yes you certianly need it. The other two smaller files just tell your Cd burners how to burn that data to disk. What im getting at it is you really need all of the files.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just in case, keep all files, what are the file extensions just asking prehaps you could get rid of some...

5. tomitanoshii

tomitanoshii Well-Known Member

Keep them. cue mdf and ccd tells the emulator what mode to use and which part of the cd to read, those files are also used when burning.

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

For NDS ROMs though you don't need the .nfo and the .lnk file, only the .nds one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.