1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do I have colon cancer or tapeworm?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dime, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Dime

Dime Well-Known Member

I know this may sound weird, but I only defecate only every 5-7 days. The earliest time was 3 days, which I'm pretty sure is not normal. I am 12, but I have not changed my eating habits/diet. I've pretty much haven't noticed this until it occurred to me. So what I did was kept date from one time, until I did it again. That was Saturday - Thursday... Can anyone explain to me why this is happening? Also, I may be underweight. I heard feces weighs you down... a lot. I heard that a day's worth(approx.) of feces is about 3.3 lbs. So 7 days is is 23.1, and I'm 90 lbs.

2. sensei

sensei Active Member

remote diagnosis are kinda useless, unless one of the users here is a real doctor and even then he wouldn't be able to help out without an examination. We can only guess so you should just visit the next doctor's practice and check up.

3. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

You may have tape worm but not colon cancer for sure. You MUST change your diet if you do not want to have colon cancer. Eat more more fruits and vegetables and drink more water. The main point is to eat foods that have dietary fibre in them, you must also drink an adequate amount of water everyday. I know that this is disgusting but could you describe your Feces >:D

4. Dime

Dime Well-Known Member

They look... normal? The standard "brown" in "log-shaped" forms I guess...

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Cancer.

But really though, you're likely just constipated. Get some prune juice or something.

6. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

slightly lack of fibre and water, drink more water and eat more fruits and vegetables.
    Not cancer dude,cancer you will have bloody stools and your ass would hurt like crazy when pooping

7. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Ah, now I see the error of my ways. In the future I will be sure to heed the wise words of those who speak from experience.

Since you apparently didn't see the second line of my post, I can only assume you won't see this line either. How unfortunate that my sarcasm (in case you didn't notice) will be all you see.

8. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Damn you tehuber and your sarcasms... you never fail to make me laugh and i hate smiling.

Its normal for your age, It also happened to me those same things when i was younger. I guess you are mostly a meat eater than a vegetable eater, thats why it take a while for you to defacate. Also, its harder for you to let it out due to lack of fibers.

I also guess it doesn't float, and just sink, right? More vegetables and fruits. And I mean real fruits. Not fruity or fruit-like substitutes,

You're lucky its color brown, and not green, white or just dark. If so, i suggest de-worming. But a real doctor is best, especially if you have blood in your stool.

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

If you had colon cancer, you would know. :p
    You would most likely be bleeding out of your asshole all the time.

But if you're pooping like that, then you must have a TON of tape worms...

10. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

could be the aids.

11. Azureblazer

Azureblazer Guest

eat more food

12. supleted

supleted Well-Known Member

Try eating less spicy stuff and eat more squash and grain products. I'm sure its not tapworm since they should be visible in your fecal matter and they look like....tapeworms. It should never be cancer. Just relax and honestly, you're young and this stuff is probably nothing serious unless you kept worrying about it.

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Just for clarity...

Do you eat dimes?

14. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Don't feces come of grayish if you have cancer?

I'm 13 and I weigh a bit less than you.

15. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Here's a crazy idea, instead of asking on an Internet forum, go to the Doctor.

16. awesomebros

Good one.

'Cept a trip to the doctors costs hundreds of dollars even if nothing really happens.

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Not if you have insurance.

18. awesomebros

Oh well. It could still take a week to get an appointment.

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Maybe. My doctor can sometimes squeeze an appointment in on the same day if you call early, but it's a city of 13,000.
    There are more doctors than just a couple. :p

20. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Did you just say you only BM every 5 to 7 days?
    You need to go to a doctor, right away, to avoid potentially lethal complications. Don't screw around with forum questions or internet searches.

In a normal life, you really should BM usually once per meal you have. What goes in, must come out.
    Colon blockage is deadly. You could have any number of problems that could cause this, and some which can cause bursting and then you'll be screwed.

Even if it's a tape worm eating the food you eat, it has to defecate as well (which you then would pass). I don't believe tape worms cause you to stop making BMs, they just make it so the food you eat is not absorbed as nutrients.

A guy I work with just recently spent one week in the hospital because he gradually stopped BMing and it turns out stress caused his intestines to knot up, and burst over one weekend. He had to be cut open, everything removed, patched up, put back in, and then he was on liquid diets for almost two weeks.