1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ditto Glitch?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by 1jim3bob, Aug 24, 2010.

1. 1jim3bob

1jim3bob Member

Was playing soulsilver with my Ditto, and went into battle with an onix.
    The onix knew Screech, Rock throw, Rage and Rock tomb.
    So of course I made him transform. But it got tedious after a while and I fled.
    So I went into another battle, and Ditto still had the onix's moves!
    Is this supposed to happen?

2. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

dit you use any kind of cheat in the game,
    doesnt matter what!

3. 1jim3bob

1jim3bob Member

No, everything legal.

4. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

lol dittos evolution donix no though did you save well start it again and see if its still there

5. 1jim3bob

1jim3bob Member

Yes, it's still there. I think I may have found 'The evil onix'
    Route found: 47
    You guys try it yourself, see if it happens to you.

6. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

i wonder if it levels up if it will learn onix moves a solution if you have trouble getting onix

7. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Don't you guys ever know what a Ditto is? It copies the other Pokemon shapes and moves ;D If you are lucky enough, it will stay the same throughout the entire game. And the chance is like 0.001%? >:D

8. 1jim3bob

1jim3bob Member

Okay, is that true?

9. SpriteKiller

SpriteKiller New Member

Eh, it's not supposed to happen, not in the slightest.
    It's just a glitch, I've had it happen to me too on a Japanese Pearl rom (my Ditto copied an enemy Bronzong and kept its moves).

10. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure if you do it a certain way, you can repeat it as many times as you want. I've read about this somewhere on Smogon before.

11. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

people are getting confused ditto is only supposed to copy moves while in battle after battle this should reset this is a glitch

12. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Actually, I heard there were a few carts (which were dumped to the nets, of course) of SoulSilver and HeartGold were going around which broke certain Pokemon.

Like, using Transform on certain Pokemon would cause Pokemon to keep those moves the opponent Pokemon had or even turn your transforming Pokemon into whatever it transformed into last. Using Metronome in battles with certain Pokemon would cause Metronome to permanently turn into the last attack it caused your Pokemon to use before the battle was exited in any way. I also heard that some Eggs, before hatching, would take on the lowest evolutionary form of whatever you fought last before it hatched, but if you fought on WiFi against someone else with an Egg in their party, the Egg would hatch into a BadEgg.

But that's what I heard. I doubt it's true, since there were no pics/videos to back it up and right before that the same person told me that you could, without an action replay, catch a Pikachu from just about anywhere and, again without cheating, teach it Surf once it reached level 100 and knew Tackle and Tail Whip.