1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Disneys A Christmas Carol - Now Working

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ggbix, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ggbix

ggbix New Member

Right, here goes, I did try DSlazy and the arm7.bin and it didn't work for me, I may have been doing something wrong so I gave it up as a bad job. I then found this info, and this worked first time:

To perform this, you will need:
    1. The problem game ROM
    2. Another ROM that does work correctly
    3. A ROM patching or extraction app.

You can download gui_arm7_102.zip. This is a small purpose built program to do the patch.

Once you've downloaded it, extract the two .exe files into a folder somewhere (this is for Windows, if you have another OS I'm sure you can figure out your own method).
    Open up arm7_gui.exe. On the Tools menu, choose Extract ARM7.bin. Now, find and select the #2 ROM, the one that does work correctly on your card.
    This will extract the ARM7.bin file, save this somewhere.
    Now, on the main screen of the patcher, for the first box, select your #1 problem ROM. In the second box, select the ARM7.bin file you've just extracted. In the third box, choose somewhere to save the patched ROM file.
    Then, click Go. If you've done everything right, the game will be patched and saved in the location you chose in the third box.

Try this patched game on your card, it should now work.
    If it still doesn't, try another ARM7.bin from a different donor ROM.

This gui_arm7_102.zip definitely works, well it did for me anyway.
    Let me know if you get the same result.
    Hope it's ok to post this here, this is the first time I've had to do this, apologies if it's in the wrong spot.

2. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

For me it's not for any use 'cause the EU works perfectly, but maybe for others: Where's the download link?

3. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Maybe you could upload a fixed version on Mediafire....
    Those instructions sound a bit complicated to me.

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

You can also use ysmenu with original r4 with no problems of saveing

5. ggbix

ggbix New Member

It does sound complicated but if you follow the step-by-step instructions it's easier than what it looks. I thought exactly the same but the guide is spot on, you just have to have the two roms, one that works and the one that doesn't, just put them both on your desktop and create a folder to where you want it to go, job done.

6. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Yes but he says ''You can download FILENAME.zip'' but there isn't a download link.

7. slipkornv1

slipkornv1 New Member

8. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Running hoops means you're at the mercy of the dumpers and not the firmware providers for your card...... think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.