1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Disgaea DS...

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Mishy, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I didn't know where to put this, but, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!

My PSP broke and I had Disgaea for PSP.../sob

Then, recently my PS2 crapped out on me, or more like the cable wire did because I can run games on it, it just won't show up on the t.v.

So yeah, like I'm totally grateful.

~Mishy

EDIT: So I started playing a little bit and it runs pretty wierd...Like I get black lines on the NO$GBA and like splat things too. And during transitions of screens it does it as well, and lag a bit.

2. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Morning bump...I just wanted to know if anyone knew what was going on with the rom and if there is anyway to correct it?

3. swangtal

swangtal Member

I have had problem with saving games before, but nothing like yours. (EZflash4)
    Anyway, it could be that your firmware need an update. Try surfing the web or go to the official site to see if they have released one. Sometimes you need new ones for newer games.

4. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

He said he's using NO$GBA
    Probably just a compatibility error that you will have to wait for an update to fix. Works fine on my CycloDS

5. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

1. No offense, and I don't want to seem rude, but my sig will tell you I'm a female.

2. Where can I get a update for NO$GBA?

6. darksynyster

darksynyster Well-Known Member

What version do you have? The latest version/update is NO$GBA v2.6a. If you have that one already, then you'll have to wait till the make a new one. It's tragic I know. However, if you can't wait, I would recommend getting a flashcart.

7. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I do have NO$GBA 2.6a. Aw, well, since I got a answer I will accept it and try my best to play anyway. But I'm quite happy I can play Disgaea since my PSP broke and I have the PSP version sitting collecting dust in it's box. :(

8. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Aww, well my PS2 slime Died on me Litereally after 5minutes use on battlefield 2 online i turn it of for like 2minz, TUrn it back on and the disk stopped spinning. WTF ???

i got vexed and deciede to releave stress by smashin it with a hammer.

Now i regret smashing it since i could of fixed it.

Sad ay

9. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Weird, my PS2 is three years old (slim too), it has been turned on for an entire week three or four times (when I had to buy a memory card but I was way too advanced in a game to shut it down), it has been playing copied games since I bought it (Swap Magic) and it has read over 100 games (my collection is smaller anyway). I also have Battlefield 2 and I have played it a lot too (never online though).

So yeah, I can say the PS2 is quite the machine.

@Mishy: The graphics part is due to incompatibility, the lagging part is because your computer is not fast enough for it. I can play many NDS games on my sister's Toshiba A200 21T (laptop, quite fast), but I cannot play them on my desktop because it's too slow. Of course the lagging is also no$gba's fault, but it's quite good for the moment, I cannot complain. Usually every version brings a major speed improve (10-20 % in most games, yes, that's major), so when the new one comes, you'll probably play it without like you would on a NDS.

10. Reider

Reider Modereider

I didn't consider those minor issues big enough to actually affect the game experience.

It might just be the fact that I'm a complete whore for Disgaea and most Nippon Ichi games in general though. :p

11. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Ohh Mishy, you dont have a DS right?

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

No she doesn't have one.

13. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

You are both wrong. ;)

I do own a pink nintendo DS. I just don't have the monies to purchase such a wonderful game. Also, I don't really want to because I have Disgaea for PSP.

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Then get a flashcart and stop using no$gba.

15. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

What does a flash cart do? I'm new to the new tech for emulators... ??? :-\

16. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

A flashcart is the most loved tool for any DS owner. It allows you to play ROMs that you download. Along with a MicroSD card, of course. If you're thinking of getting one, try the CycloDS, they're the most expensive ones (I think), but they are also the best ones. You can try and check some reviews about those flashcarts at www.gbatemp.com. The MicroSD card also matters, so try and get a Sandisk or Kingston.

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Basically a flashcart allows you to play NDS roms on a real NDS.

18. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

The true love of a rom player is a good old ds lite and a flashcart packed with cheats as well, the R4 does that just fine but alas it is losing it's shine as the developers don't need to upgrade firmware anymore and other flashcarts are advancing, but the R4 is pretty cheap and nice to play, it's completely easy to use as well :)
    From what i've heard CycloDS has also proved itself a worthy flashcart :)

19. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Its basicaly a memory card for a DS. Like you know how you download games for the PSP?? Well its basicaly the exact same thing!!

@ Rhith: LOL how can you not notice that SHE is a girl!!

20. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

no$gba seems to have issues running the latest released games. If you insist on running it on an emulator wait for the patch. Or, a better choice would be BUY A FLASHCART (preferably CycloDS/EDGE but R4 is fine at the moment).