1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Disgaea AoD

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by insanecrazy07, Apr 30, 2009.

1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Can someone adequately explain the idea of chaining using mentors and pupils?

I finally learned how a mentor learns the pupil's abilities but that's all I've discovered so far.
    I read a guide about how to chain, but it fails to explain exactly what it does and how to manipulate it to achieve the best results.

I just started playing again, got a few rare and legendary items from bonuses, and now I'm just subduing the crap out of everything, then moving them to a legendary item for storage.

I managed to get to chapter 6 without a whole lot of problems.
    I killed one of the overlords that splits into 10 with my Scout that managed to do 1 damage that finished one of them off. He is now level 50 from that one kill.

I have a few specialized units, my scout maximizing its Hit, my brawler maximizing attack, my mages maximizing intellect, and my ninja maximizing in movement and speed. My ninja is untouchable 90% of the time, but does crap for damage.

I tend not to transmigrate my characters because apparently you lose the stat bonuses from your pupils if the one that just transmigrated is a mentor. It is regained when the pupils level, but that seems to be a real hassle.