1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Disc issue, epsxe and playstation disc expert please help...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Okay, where to start...

I got a copy of grand turismo 2 of a good mate of mine free, arcade disc works great , but simulation...well it freezes on certain points on the map...

-when I go to my garage
    -and certain dealers-can't even buy my first car since all those dealers are "locked out"

Note that I did tick the options for grand turismo2, but they haven't fixed it...

I did find there was a scratch on the underside of it- it isn't all that big, but I did notice it...infact there are several, going AROUND the cd, perfect circle...

but some stand out more-it looked like a knife was in his playstation, going in and out...

It's hard to explain-if you guys want a photo please ask-other wise any sugestions on what to do-when in my laptop it recognises all the files inside-just that once epsxe starts running (versions 1.6 or 1.7, running defults in all except for graphics-pete's D3D driver 1.46.

If there is any specific options to tick please let me know so I don't have to buy JUST another arcade disc...or an iso since my download limit is used up :(

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

btw...I don't actually remember what those gt2 options were XD plz post them in as well for that plugin too plz

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...anybody?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would suspect it's the scratches causing it.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...any suggestion to fix, like a buff or maybe copy the damaged disc?

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Download the working copy from here :)

Depending on how deep the scratch is, you may be able to buff it out. The information in a CD is not stored on the bottom surface, that's merely a protective layer, the info is actually underneath the label side.

When cleaning a CD, you're supposed to use a clean, fine cloth (like for eye glasses) and wipe from the inside of the disk straight out to the edge, never in circles.

But being a scratch, that probably won't help.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

something like a disc doctor/skip doctor might be able to fix it, depending on how badly it is scratched. This is what I have: http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR276057

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

thanks, hope this works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.