1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Disappearing roms

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Azeres, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeres

Azeres Member

I've tried to download a couple games like Shin Megami Tensei, Knights in the Nightmare and Black Sigil but whenever they finish downloading, the roms just disappear. I've looked on the page as they download and as soon as it's finished, it just goes away. On the download page, the "open containing folder" button is grayed out and I can't click it. I'm using firefox, I've cleared out my cookies beforehand and I've tried to download the games more than once. Please help, I have no idea what's going on.

2. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Try choosing the save option instead of the open option when you start your download. Save it somewhere you can easily find it (your desktop or documents are good choices)

3. armada92

armada92 Member

Check to see where the downloads are going before you download it. The default for firefow is a folder called 'downloads'. Just change the destination to desktop.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Incorrect, firefox defaults to the desktop.

5. armada92

armada92 Member

well that default was what happened for me. could be an earlier version default

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

If you saved them when you downloaded them you might be able to just type in the game name to search your hard drive.
    My downloads default to documents downloads folder using google chrome, when I was doing torrents it defaulted to a different download folder

7. Azeres

Azeres Member

Well, I have been saving them (they've been autosaving to the downloads folder). I have had the downloads folder open while it's downloading and as soon as it's finished, the RAR just disappears.

8. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Try using a download manager :)
    Get one from here :)
    http://www.filehippo.com/software/ftp/

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The default has always been the Desktop.

10. armada92

armada92 Member

hmmmmmm. that is a weird problem. btw, maybe thats on ly for your computer

11. Azeres

Azeres Member

I've tried on two computers, but I'll try using the download manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.