1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Disallow double-triple-quadruple-posting.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by insanecrazy07, Aug 18, 2008.

1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it could be done, but when someone tries to post twice in a row, it should immediately go to their last post as if they were editing it.

Meaning that if I post now...

end post.
    ---------------------------------------------------

then try to post another one, it should go to edit post of my last post.
    editing the last post should still trigger the new post notification, except that it doesn't add to a post count.
    This feature would be great because it wouldn't give double-posters a reason to double post. (even for people that double post because of a time gap.)

...either that, or remove the reply button if they were the last ones to post.
    or create one of those warning pages like the "while you were posting, 2 new replies have been posted"
    create one that says "warning, you are double-posting, please edit your last post instead of making a new one."

edit: you can always make them enter in a 100 lettter captcha and check a box like the TOS, that you agree that you are double posting. lol

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It could be possible, posts that are several days apart is okay if you didn't know. The forum software would need a big upgrade though.

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

i knew that it was okay, but for everyone that does due to the time gap, they always put in some sort of reason for the double post, because sometimes they get overlooked and warned or whatever when they shouldn't be.

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If there's an SMF mod for it then fine, otherwise it won't happen.