1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Digimon World III Freezing

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Gokan53, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gokan53

Gokan53 New Member

Hi. I've been playing Digimon World III (ISO) for about two or three days without any problems until one day I get to this desert area and I find that when my Renamon defeats any digimon, the game freezes where it tells me how much bit, exp, any items I got, and who, if anyone, leveled up. The digimon don't bob either during this time. The only moving object on the screen is the background.

I have an nVidia Geforce 6150 (I think, not 100 percent sure, but very close to that), 512 MB of RAM, I'm running on Windows XP, using ePSXe, and here are my video card settings:

Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.18
    Author: Pete Bernert and the P.E.Op.S. team

Resolution/Color:
    - 800x600 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]
    Stretch mode: 0
    Dither mode: 2

Framerate:
    - FPS limit: on
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: 60.0

Misc:
    - Scanlines: disabled
    - Game fixes: off [00000000]

I'm using the NoSound sound plugin (0.4). If there's any other information that you need, just ask. I'd love to be able to play again. Thanks.

P.S. I thought that the problem might be caused by the usage of the "+" button, which would allow me to move at about 1,000 FPS, but I'm not entirely sure if that is the case. I also used the search button, however found nothing that would fix the game.. I'm thinking it has to be the graphic plugin, or the game itself.

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Try updating the emulator (might be possable you may need to downgrade I've seen that happen too) or re-download the game itself.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

With that video card, you shouldn't be using Peops Soft Driver.

Use Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9, Nvidia supports OpenGL so it should work just fine.

4. Gokan53

Gokan53 New Member

Well, I've tried all the suggestions aside from the redownloading the game, which is a total pain, but I'll try and redownload the game, right now. It'll run a little bit faster, some times, and some times it wont. I think it might be the game itself. It might've been damaged. I know lots of copies of this game are messeed up, and it's hard to get one that's in tact.

EDIT: Well, earlier today I tried to redownload the game, but decided to cancel it, and to just try to modify my settings, so it'll take a while to download from this website. So unless anyone has a copy that works 100 percent for them I wont know if it is in fact the game itself for a while. Atleast two hours... assuming I get enough "points" to redownload (here) from the point regeneration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.