1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Announced for NDS.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by sexywogboy, Nov 24, 2009.

1. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Yes, finally another Digimon game is set for release some time next year. This is the the continuation of the Digimon World series for NDS that contained Digimon World DS and Digimon World Dawn/Dusk.

Many people would have probably either forgot about Digimon or don't even know about it, but it was only a decade ago that Digimon was going head to head with Pokemon in gaming, toys and anime.

Anyway, just thought I'd tell the odd Digimon fan here of the announcement. LOL

BTW, just a little announcement that Bandai Namco have also announced Dragon Ball DS 2, the sequel to Dragon Ball DS (Known as Dragon Ball: Origins in the Western World). The game takes place shortly after the events of the first game.

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Would be really nice if they improved the Digimon's battle graphics. :)
    I completed Dusk...but only cause I'm a fan :)

3. sexywogboy

Sadly I don't think that's the case. :(

Me too. I've always been dissapointed by the Digimon games. Luckily Digimon World DS/Dawn/Dusk were some of Digimon's best games. I was VERY dissapointed with Digimon World Championship, the game should've been a minigame included in Dawn/Dusk.

4. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Good news! :D I hope it's good and has a unique breeding/battle system... :)

5. getam_heruu

getam_heruu Member

Iam very big fans of digimon..hope this game don't get cancelled ::)
    thanks for the info though! ;)

6. alexpk86

alexpk86 Well-Known Member

I hope for a better graphics too, I tried Digimon World and it was rather okay (till the post-game where it became frustrating and the bosses impossible XD) ...I also hope that this game will be clearer on prerequisites for evolutions because I was going crazy trying to raise an Imperialdramon (and then Omnimon and then Imperialdramon Paladin and then whatever it was better than that it wasn't explained where I was supposed to befriend things or where I could find armor eggs wtf :|)

7. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

So that's why they aired it here in cartoon network. Since I failed at playing dusk and dawn, I guess I should turn to this so I can find people I can battle on wifi.

8. jadster 1996

jadster 1996 Well-Known Member

FINALLY!I started to think digimon was dead....good thing they brought it back
    Hopefully it's nothing like championship and is more like the traditional turn based games that came out
    I used to like digimon more than pokemon but championship really disappointed me.

9. airdash123

airdash123 Well-Known Member

Woot, i thought they were a goner ;D Like everyone else said, hopefully its gona be like championship..

10. sexywogboy

Fixed that up for you. ;)

The only thing I'm disliking about this new Digimon game is that it's way too similar to DS, Dawn and Dusk. Don't get me wrong, they're probably the best Digimon games ever made...But I really hate games that look way too similar.

The only difference I've noticed is that there's a different main character. This is really the last chance for Digimon in my eyes. Why don't they take a look at HG/SS and see the quality and high amount of features in the game. If Digimon puts even half the effort Gamefreak does for Pokemon, then we'd have a pretty decent game.

11. ImLeelorp

ImLeelorp Guest

I like to see my characters while battling, thats why I dislike these games and DQ...

Please lemme see em!

12. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Even if I liked Digimon DS games, I also wish for that.

Maybe they could use a story RPGs and championship battle systen? With a few tweaks we would have a really fun game.

oh and yes Digimon Champ~ was a tamagochi. This "kind" of Digimon game came way before Digimon World 1 for psx and still has lots of fans.

13. ReidKH

ReidKH Guest

Soul, you dig it

14. vhunter

vhunter Member

i played both dawn and dusk and also digimon world so im looking forward to the upcoming one although it would be nice if they changed the battle system of the digimon games.... *looks hopeful*

15. jadster 1996

jadster 1996 Well-Known Member

Actually the first digimon and championship are very different because that one had a story,the battles were cooler(and I'm not talking graphics)and the game had areas to explore.
    Yes it would be better if it was different,and you are correct that pokemon games are better but even though hg and ss were different they were still similar to diamond and pearl but Iit still was a better game.
    What would be nice is if they added 3d graphics to digimon(impossible)but that would help it a lot.

16. ggrroohh

If the graphics are like Nostalgia I'd love it :D
    Or like Super Robot Taisen K/W would be fine too :D

17. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Well... all the digimon games on the Playstation have 3D sprites... :) We can hope...

18. lopolativo

lopolativo Well-Known Member

i hope this ds game will be better than the ones theyve released so far on ds
    i hope its like digimon world 3 on PSX

19. ggrroohh

There's no date yet right...?

20. sexywogboy

Nope, not yet. All that is known is that it's slated for a 2010 release in Japan, and knowing how long it takes for the game to be translated in English, it may not be released in the US for a while.