1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Digimon recomendations?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by seventhsage, Oct 19, 2009.

?

Which Digimon Game is the Best?

1. Digimon World DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Digimon World Dusk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Digimon World Dawn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Digimon Championship

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. seventhsage

seventhsage Well-Known Member

I am looking for a Digimon game for the ds, and From what i've been able to gather, there are four.

digimon world ds
    digimon dusk
    digimon dawn
    digimon championship

From what i've been able to gather, they all encompass about 40+ hours, more for those who truly engross themselves (like I do) I don't want to play them all, so i thought i'd ask for opinions. Dusk and Dawn appear to have the same story, but different digimon (much like pokemon diamond / pearl). If anyone has any reccomendations over which I should play, i'm open to suggestions. and please don't tell me to download and try them all, I have sub-par internet and a nearly full micro sd card. Any help is appreciated, as is a general outline of the differences of each...

-jason

thanks in advance

edit: i don't follow the digimon cartoon or any other form of the media, so i'm looking or sheer fun of play with a very small learning curve. The last episode I saw was first season, so please keep that in mind when recommending as well...

2. JTakashiNe

JTakashiNe Well-Known Member

Digimon World DS,Digimon Dusk and Digimon Dawn has the same gameplay with different storyline. It plays like any other turn-based RPG with three digimon in your team. For me Digimon World DS is the easiest out of the three.

Digimon World Championship is a little different, you raise your digimon like raising tomogatchi(feed them, play with them, train them and clean after them). Then you put them in tournaments to get medals and money.

3. seventhsage

Many thanks, I saw this on gbatemp's list of most underrated games and did a search on romulation, came up with all the choices and was wondering which people liked more. It's gotten to the point where I stop reading game ratings, as the games I like tend to get abysmal ratings, and the ones i hate get 9's and 10's.

-jason

4. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

I love Digimon World Dusk, no one talks about it but its a great game, with good graphics too. I didnt like Championship because it had no storyline or dialogue, but its still fun to take care of digimon and fight in championships.

I would suggest Dawn/Dusk, and Championship.

5. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

I have only played "Digimon World DS", and it was good. It was a little bit the same with me, seventhsage: I was looking in Magazine-reviews to get a clue which one I should play.

6. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Digimon World DS Its the first. It has a somewhat better storyline IMO, or at least a longer one somewhat

Dawn and dusk are the same game basically, with a few differences. On dawn you play on the "light" side, and on dusk you play on the "dark" side. (in both you fight the "evil", so no diff on story). There a few deferences, buts basically thats it.

World Championship follows the Original Digimon Games that were launched like tamagochis a long time ago. It may get boring if you doesnt have the patience to watch your digimon die to egg form and need to raise it all again until the damm fight day.

I played all of then. All of then are quite good.

7. seventhsage

hmm...

Sounds like a may have to play them all. I'll definately get world. Which of the other two should I play, dusk or dawn. I tend to like the darker side of things, but at the same time, it sounds like it's the same no matter which you choose. So which gives you the better starting digimon? or does it really matter?

don't think i'll bother with tournament, I'm not a big fan of tamogatachi style games, I don't have the patience to constantly check on them. I also gave Animal crossing a miss after that, can't stand games that play when i'm not there.

thanks for all the input guys, really quick responses.

-Jason

8. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Different versions (dawn and dusk) affect your starter and each version has its own "uniques" digimons that you cant find in the other version.
    The second mission is the missions in the quest counter. (witch you will do a lot)

But the main plot its the same. Just fyi, the main city of each game is a exact mirror of the other. Just change the colors and the NPCs.

9. _luigi_

_luigi_ Well-Known Member

digimon world ds is my favo buta the other one are all great try them all