1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Digimon Frontier

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

This Anime's probably been aired awhile ago, so I'm not sure if it's new, but it is being aired on local TV here in Manila as a weak opponent to Pokemon. Anyway, I've liked the Digimon Anime series so far, though most of them are shorter than Pokemon. But this "latest" season is just reaching for something, the story is typical Digimon fare, an evil Digimon is causing problems in the Digital world & it's up to five chosen youths to go shut the jerk up. What I don't like is this time around, they don't have Digimon partners instead, they transform into Digimon by slapping Digimon essence data that they have inside their Digivices, just like how the tamers in the "Digimon Tamers" season did with their partner Digimon. I also hated the "new" Digimon they introduced in this season because most of them are just stupid, one in particular, Trailmon, which is a "Train" Digimon is obviously a Final Fantasy rip off of "Doom Train", & there are a lot of rookie Digimon who look like they were ripped off from other kid's aimed anime as well :p . Bottom line, I think the producers of this particular season of Digimon either lost touched with their ceative sides or just happened to be drunk or stoned when they did this season because this one's way too lame-o!! Much to the Delight of Pokemon fans & Digimon Haters the world over :'(

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Actually it's Doomtrain, not Doom Train. Just like Pokemon Frontier, how original.. Might check it out.

3. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Really, Digimon is up to serious competition to Pokemon that it is never going to win.

4. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

Watched the series, it looked like crap. looks more like a fan-made cross between digimon and the power ranger series. worst digimon series ever. pokemon frontier wins hands down

5. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Cahos, but I gotta go with Pokemon, I still like Digimon, but they're running out of -mon names. On the other hand, so is Pokemon...

6. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

Man I hated this season too, I still can't believe that I actually sat through all of it. I'm a big fan of the other four seasons (I definitely like them more than the Pokemon anime), but being able to have the kids turn into Digimon just seemed like a big load of crap to me. This whole season just never seemed to have any excitement in it to me, maybe it was the use of calmer music or something, it was a while ago so I can't remember. I have no idea how many times I zoned out and missed maybe ten minutes of an episode, and then I had no desire to go back and rewatch what I missed. They tried something different here, and in my eyes definitely failed, part of the series is supposed to be a sort of symbolic relationship between the kids and their digimon.

7. lau333

lau333 New Member

at least they come up with new things Pokemon is just a repeat with a different wrapping each series, while digimon on the other hand has a little more diversity ::)

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yeah, imagine, for three seasons (I haven't seen anything passed the Johto Journey season yet) we had to sit through that irritating:

"Prepare for trouble,
    and make it double,
    To protect the world from devastation,
    to unite all people within our nation...blah blah" crap

If I was Ash, I'd make my Pokemon kill team Rocket in day one. I also hate that Officer Jenny wench, always showing up when Ash is about to capture a Pokemon. Again if I was Ash I'd say to Officer Jenny "Buzz off hag, I saw this Pokemon & I want it!". Honestly, though he was arrogant, I would have enjoyed Gary's adventure more than good old gullible duffus Ash's.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

lol. my revision made it better.

edit: forgot to put the whole point of my post.

I have never seen the digimon series but it sounds like it is just as crappy as the pokemon ones.

yeah... i stopped watching pokemon after misty and brock disappeared.
    then i watched the movies and i was like wait, when did they get back?
    what? they're gone again?

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Well the earlier Seasons of Digimon were great, especially the First one & Digimon Zero two, because they were direct sequels of each other. What I liked about the Digimon Anime was that there were no tree hugging hippie crap in it. No Officer Jenny spoiling the fun, no lame team rocket & things like that, it was all about the chosen kids goal to save both the Digital & real worlds against bad Digimon. The pace is faster too, as there aren't any side track events occurring in it (like several episodes in Pokemon happening while Ash & his friends are going from town A to town B). What sets it off though was the kid's over reactions to what's happening, like shouting out the name of their partner Digimon when they get hurt, like it can do any good.

11. kanwarrulz_123

Well you are right Cahos sometimes Pokemon really gets boring, Almost half of the episodes of the serie are really useless, why can't they introduce all pokemons in a single episode.

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Plus almost every event in Pokemon ends with a happy ending, that is any problem gets fixed easily. The only bummer episodes were when Ash lost a battle. In Digimon, it's balanced, sometimes the episode ends happily, sometimes not & sometimes they leave you in a cliffhanger scene.

13. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

In both Pokemon and Digimon the first series was the best, then the second for pokemon was good (johto) and the second of digimon was a letdown, then the third pokemon was a letdown and the third digimon was good-ish, haven't watched the ones after that...

14. kanwarrulz_123

There have been some cliffhangers and some bad ends in Pokemon as well, like in Pokemon advanced he loses the Hoenn league to some guy.

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yes as I said most of Pokemon's bad endings are of Ash loosing a Major battle, so the producers can extend the show to feature more Pokemon. In Digimon a bad ending is when a friendly Digimon dies to save the kids or when they loose their ability to Digivolve their partners & have to find a way to recover their power etcetera.

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

More liek they get reborn as an egg but can't be until the evil is gone...

17. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

i never understood why ash was always such a retard.

are the main characters in digimon the same way?

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Not just a retard, but also so very gullible :p

The kids in Digimon have varying "stereotype" characteristics. Like in the first series, there were eight kids, one was the hot headed type who easily gets ticked off, one was the friendly guy, one was the brainy one, one of the girls was prissy, the other caring, & the third the lonely goth type, there was the cry baby kid & one was the boy scout type, but thankfully none of them were gullible like Ash :p

19. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

This season of digimon is not so bad the only thing that let me down on this season is that they did not show the ancient ten even once. The first half of this show is going to get boring but it get a little better when lucemon come in. And this season is quite old the newest digimon season would be digimon saver...

20. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

not in the new session, ther gone for goodÂ