1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Digimon Championship for US - Anyone else playing it?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by DragonQuester, Aug 26, 2008.

1. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

It was released today in the US... Anyone else wanna play Digimon Championship (US) other than me? I just cant wait for it to be dumped... How do you guys feel about it?

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Re: Digimon Championship for US - Anyone else wanna play it?

I feel you should post in the right section. Moved.

3. DragonQuester

Thanks, my bad Seph

So anyone interested in this game? Because I played the japanese one but didnt have a clue of what was going on, and now its released... Anyone who has a slot1 device, would you download it? And anyone without a slot1 device, would you buy it?

4. DriftNinja

DriftNinja Member

I haven't heard of it till now, do you have links to screens or videos? I still have yet to play Data Squad.

5. warriorblade

warriorblade Well-Known Member

i'll play it
    ;D

here is a link for some pics
    chucks the link at DriftNinja
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/image/943756.html

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah, the other ones? were nice. Sun and Moon, or Red and Blue or something or rather.

7. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I'm gonna play it, couldn't wait since the bottom of Gamefaqs showed it :D

8. azn_anime8792

azn_anime8792 New Member

man i thought it was coming out today, i guess the ROM is late :-\ was really looking forward to playing the english version where i can understand what i win after tournaments lol

9. Rhamsey

Rhamsey Member

the rom isnt late as far as i know. the game ships on the 26, but the stores i have talked to said the game wont hit the stores till the 27th. oh, and as you have probably guessed, i will be playing this one too.

10. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind playing it, since what I heard of it sounds interesting.

11. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

Well I downloaded it, don't have my MicroSD reader with me to play it yet though. If it keeps me busy though I'll probably play it often enough.

(And if you didn't notice, the ROM is up!) ;)

12. DragonQuester

lol thanks for the notification.. I already downloaded it before I re-checked this board ;) lol, yep, im putting it on my micro sd RIGHT now

P.S: Thank god it wasnt dumped "late" :p The rom came just in time

13. Rhamsey

Rhamsey Member

yep, all is well. just downloaded it too, and am currently adding it as well as others to my games. thanks Xenophobia

14. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

I too shall be playing it :)

15. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

Yeah I have it on my RomUlation homepage show the latest ROMs. ;D Once the real holiday season comes around and more of the games I'm looking forward to start coming out I'm probably going to get premium not only to support this site but for release notifications. I'm glad N+ is out now too.

And noobish question, is Digimon Championship playable over WiFi? I didn't really look into the game that much. My guess is going to be friend codes again?

16. kaineru

kaineru Well-Known Member

Now playing.... very slowly though.....

17. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Awesome, I'll grab it soon enough.

18. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

Am downloading right now! Thanks, Xenophobia! :D

Nice timing, too, since I was playing Digimon World: Dawn before I get on the computer. :)

19. taylorphan

taylorphan Well-Known Member

I'll play.
    I'm starting today.

20. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I've been playing this for a while now, currently completed the first "season". As in, I'm back at springs. Sadly I don't really see why this game was so hyped, it's repetitive and you don't feel as if you've achieved anything at the end of the day.

You have the your training, which is counter intuitive, if you train Attack you lower your defence and if you train your defence you lower you offence, which means that in the end you just spam one attribute for all your digimons. Battles feels horribly shallow, you have Normal Attack, Support and Special Attack modes for your digimons. I have yet to figure what the actual difference between attack and support is since they both seem to make the digimons behave in the exact same way. Special Attack, however, makes your digimon use a special attack, which basically just does 2 to 2½ times the damage of a normal attack at the cost of TP. However, this also happens randomly under normal attack mode, so all special attack mode does is increase the occurrence rate slightly.

This all adds up to a very unrewarding battle, which might as well have been settled by playing rock-scissor-paper. And no, volcano is not a valid move.

Me? I'm going to quit and play another level at N+ after which I'll probably go back to playing Bully on my Wii, because that's fucking awesome, Digimon World Championship? Not so much.