1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Diamond/Pearl on No$Zoomer: Gender glitch?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by isnorden, Feb 18, 2013.

1. isnorden

isnorden Member

Although the ROMs I downloaded for Pokémon Diamond/Pearl work on No$Zoomer, there's one small glitch in the starting stage: I'm unable to select the female avatar no matter which button(s) I try. Playing as a boy is better than being unable to play at all, I know...but has anyone else had similar problems, and has anyone found a technical fix for it? Please help if you can!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

When you run NO$Zoomer, load the rom, then go to OPTIONS, then choose No$GBA Settings, edit the keyboard control buttons to your preference, choose OK, then go to OPTIONS again, this time choose SAVE NO$GBA SETTINGS. Then just go to FILE, choose RESET/RELOAD. Play. Also the bottom half of the emulator screen is "touch screen", you can use your mouse to click a command. And those 2 games (Diamond, and Pearl) including Platinum works fine on No$Zoomer without any pre-patching or Action Replay codes.

Here's the image proof it works for that issue you said;
    Here's the D/P roms that I had used : http://uploadmirrors.com/download/10A9ENS4/DP_clean_.rar

*If there's issue, there might be a need to delete the save file from the battery folder.

3. isnorden

isnorden Member

Still having trouble after saving my key settings and deleting the battery savefile; what would I usually select in-game (on a regular DS) to pick the girl? Nothing appears on the touchscreen portion, so I assume that's normal: if I'm overlooking something obvious, please let me know!

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

On the handheld console, it's usually;
    A = OK / Yes / Action
    B = Cancel / No

In the case of emulator, depends on which keyboard button, you'd assigned A, B, X, Y, L, R. I'd suggest you assign the key board buttons in such a way you can easily remember what their functions are, but easy to reach whenever needed for combinations.

If the button options show up on the lower half of the screen, using touch pen (in the case of emulator = mouse click)

It should work normal, just by pressing the correct buttons, there's no glitch for character, gender, and name input.
    Above all, No$Zoomer can play Diamond, Platinum, Pearl, without needing patching or Action replay codes.
    Only since Heart Gold, Soul Silver onwards you need patching/AR codes to run on Zoomer.

You might also need to delete No$GBA.ini and/or No$Zoomer.ini, reconfigure settings again before playing, that is if problem persist. But normally, that sort of action isn't necessary.

Edit:

Not seeing anything on the lower half for the first few portion into the game is normal. You will get a bag and all, which only after that are received, then will you see things at the lower half. So each time an option is to be picked on the upper half, means you need to press buttons (keyboard buttons in your case), while the lower half can be either operated by buttons or touching (in your case mouse clicks).

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Keyboard Key's yuck ^^

That's why I love a usb joypad ;D

And not bad priced to between £5 / 10