1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Diablo II Stats

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Stanley Richards, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Usually I would look around for a guide, and I did, but did not find answers.

Can I have a small explanation of all the stats I should add for all the classes?

Doesn't have to be elaborate, just enough to maKe me understand.

I'm on the Expansion pack with the MedianXL mod by the way.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I've never played the game with mods, so I really can't help you there. The question also seems a little odd. There is really no single stat that is key for every class. First you want to pick a class, then you want to figure out exactly what you want to do with it. There is so much that can be done with a single class, stats are really only a small part. What you truly want to focus on is the abilities that will shape your class.

Basically, look up different strategies you can take with each class, pick the one you think you will like the most, find what you think is the best guide for it, and use it to the maximum. I haven't played the game in ages, and I mainly know what I know from watching my brother play a lot. Sometimes the characters almost feel like they aren't worth all the work, but once you know what you're doing, getting a character to level 80 will take no time at all.

3. Stanley Richards

or 120 in this case.

Thanks.

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

When i played 1 and 2 i played a warrior, i always put my stats evenly to every thing, not one of my better idea's

5. Stanley Richards

Hmm..

I'm not sure if Necros share the same stats as Sorceress. If so, I could just do what i've been doing.

6. LuckyTrouble77

Just look up a solid guide. A Necro shapes completely different than a Sorceress, but I'm not sure which stats you'll want to focus on. Like I said, long time without playing.

7. Stanley Richards

Guides don't explain much.

8. LuckyTrouble77

They basically just tell you what you'll want to pump points into. It may take some time to find a solid guide. It's even harder if you don't know specifically what you're looking for.

9. Stanley Richards

Thanks Mr Cactus.

10. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

Sorc
    min str for equips.

storm shield is probably the highest str req (156 if i remember) but it also gives STR so str glitch it on using str charms
    if you equip yourself correctly base str should be around 80 points or less.

Dex enough for SS as well, but once again using a raven frost for some dex and Dex glitching to reduce the requirement significantly or none.

Vit All your points. the only stat that matters. you need life to survive obviously- especially hardcore mode (the real way this game should be played)

Energy - Skip this all together, you can buy mana potions and gold is valueless. Only exception is of you want to use mana shield (the gold ball on your head) but there are many mana burn monsters and if you use it you often find yourself with your mana drained to 0 so you cant even teleport to saftey- imo Skip.

druid
    depends on elemental or wolf (bear rarely)
    elemental, follow guide above for sorc.
    wolf, will explain with barb.

pally
    Hammerdin, see stats for sorc.
    melee type (zeal, etc) are generally crap, only good for Diablo clone or pvp but ill cover under barb

assassin
    never done in all my years, i cant give expert advice

necro
    See sorc.

zon
    javazon- see sorc (getting the trend here? lol!) You might wanna add more dex though.
    bowazon- not really viable these days but sure, see sorc but add around 250-300 dex, rest vit.

barb
    Two choices here. Str glitch as above (again), my personal choice.
    Dex needs a good boost, or you wont hit shit. but not as much as a zon, best is to calculate for max block, thats plenty.
    life the rest.
    energy none. weird builds suggest some but i say avoid. mana potions exist.

the second choice is as above but adding more strengh. It adds minimal damage in my opinion though, my recommendation is skip.

please note
    the above advice is coming from a hardcore ladder player. they are built to survive hell and beyond. you will not be dissappointed.
    However! you WILL need good equipment.

If you gotta make a sorc with 70 base str you will need a SS, shako, occy, maras, war travs, and fcr gloves (usually magefists) fcr rings aswell-
    spirit rune word shield kicks ass these days and will help you reach an awesome FCR break point. dont miss it.

Pk equips are switchable, dont roam with them, flip them on while pking.
    35/5 fathom, 5/5 ib ormus, 25/5 nightwing, spirit shield, 2x soj, arach mesh. If you wear this shit you become a glass BFG. you can take any character in 2 ice blasts max even if they have stacked resists. Remember that 99 pally? Dead.

Ok enough rambling, ask if you have more questions.

11. Stanley Richards

Amazing. Thank you so much. This will help me plenty.