1. This forum is in read-only mode.

dfgdfg

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Canoso777, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Canoso777

Canoso777 Well-Known Member

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Re: Why so many metal Band are Nicked "Satan Bands"

All the sound that come out from any musical instrument are satanic messages to either kill thyself or harm others or it promotes abortions, the holocaust, anti-semetism, hate, pregnancies/sex and to show that you're against God. What could make it possibly not Satanic?

3. Canoso777

Canoso777 Well-Known Member

True.... So True...
    But, Suppose they need money, Job, if not they die from Hungry, So they just Make what they like and what they are good, And, Suppose you are making A Metal Song, What Other Theme will You use That its not Sex,Love or any other thing?

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Thankfully we can shove Christian Rock bands down adamant Christian folks' throats. Of course they too label Christian Rock as Satanic sometimes just because of the sound.

5. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

listen to cradlle of filth and then you will see what is satanic!!

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

As I said, any musical instrument.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Even an extra grande triangle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0m3Bvvh568

8. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Better yet Decide or Mercyful Fate.

Back to the original topic, like Nat and Chaos stated the biggest part of why bands are called "satan bands" (a term I haven't heard since I was a child LOL) is the sound of music that is put out, I can recall as a child one church that refused to allow drums to be played as it was a "tool" to attract "demons" and another similar claims it "keeps demons at bay" and other bullshit like distortion of a guitar sounds like the growls of demons and so forth. Yes even the "Christian" metal bands get bashed with it as well, go figure.

Some (not all) of the bands add in lyrics that are anti-christian (Slayer for example especially in the song "Cult") why they do this? I learned years back it is what is popular it makes them money and tons of it and I would dare say none of them are actually "Satanists" the only one I read on that claimed that was is Kim Bendix Petersen aka King Diamond (Mercyful Fate/King Diamond) and I am not real sure how true it is and really don't think anyone cares. Other bands get bashed for lyrics that the "church" will deem as "ungodly" and what to claim "if it is not praising our God then its of the Devil" thus Christian metal bands will "Praise God" but get bashed over the sounds (see a pattern yet?)

All in all it all boils down to (in my opinion) its just a bunch of stereotypical bullshit and its nothing new if you look back in the Beatles era and even before that. Its not going to end anytime soon either.

9. melleopberg

melleopberg Well-Known Member

Because of you will end up in hell if you listen this crap.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Utter bullshit.

You can listen to your religious hyms, but you'd still go to hell if you done evil...provided hell and heaven even exist.

I believe that (while I never heard them refered to as this) is because many of the songs aren't based on peace and love, well some are (like killswitch engage and...christian heavy metal if you find that hard to swallow) but it's mostly about the pain, suffering in life.

Other's it anger, or a message about our future (like in fear factory...well it's too late...WE ARE MACHINES!)...or it could just be that people don't listen to the lyrics (my father mistaken "I wish I had an angel" from nightwish for my korn...this song is above love and lust...korn's are normally about how shit life is).

Then again my father grew up with AC/DC and metallica...good thing about that means he can withstand my metal at higher volume compared to my techno XD

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Trust me God loves Hardcore Rock, it's that God damn hip hop & thugz life Rap he dislikes :p

12. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Sheesh! That's what happens when people put religion inbetween the form of art known as music! Can't we just let the music be like it is and forget what group ABC, DEF or whichever it is thinks about it?

13. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

There are some bands that actually perpetuate that image in publicity stunts.

By the way, Ozzy Osbourne is pretty sweet in real life. Almost childlike sometimes, you know?

14. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Cradle Of Filth and Slipknot are two of them.

That's what happens when you use as much drugs as he used.