1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Devil Survivor, Devil Survivor 2, Pokemon Black 2, and others hang and crash

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jwguy, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Jwguy

Jwguy New Member

Hello.

I made sure to read up on the common issues and other guideline threads, and upon searching for the AP fix topics and through other topics like it, I've not been able to find much out regarding the issues that I've had.

Basically, I'm using the R4i Gold 3DS card from r4ids.cn, with WOOD R4i 1.54 (The Latest) firmware. I also use a Sandisk 8GB Micro SD card. It plays most every game, but some very select few games have had issues, and just off the top of my head, the following:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (U)
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 (U)
    Pokemon Black 2 (U)
    Pokemon White 2 (U)

I've tried multiple dumps each rom, including the VENOM, clean, and AP Fix versions present here. I've also tried them all both on the cart and DeSuMe's latest version 0.9.8. Essentially the problem that occurs is that they all hang at very specific points in their respective games, often with stuttering music, and DeSuMe often shows a log of looping "WRONG MODE" errors popping up, when done on it.

The areas were the game fails are as follows:

Pokemon White 2 and Black 2: Upon Entering the First Gym (With some creative bouncing between versions, I was able to get past this one.) and Immediately upon leaving the transitional area (With the news bulletin) out of Virbank City, en route to Pokestar Studios.

Devil Survivor: Immediately after defeating Wendigo in the first real battle, by yourself, during the conversation with Atsuko and Yuzu.

Devil Survivor 2: Just as the protagonists are boarding the train with Yamato to head to Osaka. In the clean rom, it happens as soon as Yamato berates Daichi for asking "Useless Questions". In the VENOM and AP fix versions, it happens just as the train arrives in Osaka.

I've tried formatting my SD card many times (Default Allocation Size, Quick and non-quick, entire volume), and once again, I've also tried them with DeSuMe, but I always end up with almost the same result (Small variations occur from version to version). In the case of DeSuMe, I've imported my old save from my Flashcart, with little to no error.

I've also tried to research these issues over the internet, but I can't seem to find any real leads to go on, so, now I'm here. Can anyone help me figure this out? I'm willing to try just about anything, at this point.