1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Devil Survivor 2 Help Please!!!!! White Screen!!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by LuckyIori, Dec 29, 2013.

1. LuckyIori

LuckyIori Member

(I posted this in the wrong topic, I just registered so I'm very sorry! :-[)

Before I babble and whine over anything, I would like to point out that I'm a complete noob with R4's and flashcarts, so if you please kindly explain to me the process as simply as you can then I'd be most grateful! ;D

Now moving on to the issue that I have, I simply downloaded a ROM for a game, which in this case it would be Devil Survivor 2. I've heard that this game has been a problem for many in the past. The problem I have is that whenever I try loading the game, all I get is a white screen. I've tried multiple roms from different sources and none of them have worked :'( I have a normal DS Lite with a normal R4 running firmware 1.18 I think? What would be the problem here and is there a fix/patch for it? Please somebody help me! :-[

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Since you're new, I'm just going to explain why I moved one of your threads and deleted the other.

The problem in this case is you cannot play the game, not that you're stuck at a particular point in the game and don't know how to proceed, therefore the thread belongs in either technical help (if you are trying to play the game on an emulator) or flashcart help (in this case, this is where it belongs, as you are using a flashcart).

The problem here is that your flashcart software is outdated and you are trying to play a game that it is not able to play with its current software. Someone more knowledgeable than me will be along soon to assist you in determining which R4 you have (there are dozens of different ones all using the same name) and then to help you update to newer software.

3. LuckyIori

LuckyIori Member

Ah I see, thank you very much for the assistance sir. I really appreciate it! :D I'm sorry for posting in the wrong topic, I apologise for any trouble this may have caused you :)

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If you are using R4 revolution for (NDS/NDSL) , Original firmware 1.18 is long dead and will be white screens, Wood v1.62 for R4 Original/M3 Simply will be good for the original R4

You would need to move onto a new version of firmware WoodR4: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0

Clone R4's may very .

Also what version of Devil Survivor 2 are you playing JPN/USA are new EUR , Eur would play on woodR4 but AP not fixed, unless you download a patched rom , on NDS share section in NDS .

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=62529.0

5. LuckyIori

LuckyIori Member

That's the exact flashcart I'm using! I see, I've download the Wood v1.62. Also I'm playing the EUR version of Devil Survivor 2. Recently, I found a download link that you posted in this thread, I tried using the patched version but it still didn't work :-\

Thread: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=62530.0

6. Jhon 591

They should be a silver screw in back on an R4 original, be a ware of fakes, Original have half overalls along the top of card , Clones have full overalls .

Did you backup the games and saves ?, Format ed micro SD chip , Extract WoodR4 Firmware from it's Winrar archive onto the root of Micro SD , replace games and saves.

Please Note also R4 original can only use up to 2GB MicroSD chips, are a very very rare NON SDHC , 4GB MicroSD

7. LuckyIori

LuckyIori Member

Just checked and yes I have an original R4, backed up games and saves and I've formatted the card. Placed Wood R4 and yes it works! What would be my steps from here to make Devil Survivor 2 work?

8. Jhon 591

Look's like, if game loads, then all you need is AP patched Rom, as woodR4 has not updated for a fair while , They is an unfixed list on Link page I posted, but patched ROM should be fine.

AP issue is as.

Anti-piracy (AP):
    • IS: *AP at the boss fight on the first day... Dubhe is invincible.
    Post Merge: [time]1388354651[/time]
    Are if you like to try YSMenu on any Spare Micro SD chip

My build for R4 original, All games fixed to date for Clean ROM's

YSMenu R4 v6289.rar

https://mega.co.nz/#!0YBhhAbS!U_KpFQtk6_4OMDmXHztIvjAAK-Bk2Ke2EDXOhTRqNbE

Update in same way

9. LuckyIori

LuckyIori Member

You sir are a living legend, simply put. I'm glad to have bumped into you, if I didn't then I'd be pulling my hair out. I wish you a long life as you are the most helpful person on the planet! Thank you very much! If I was to run into any problem again, then you wouldn't mind if I asked you, would you? And a great big thanks to the administrator for finding me! I'm really grateful to the both of you! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Post Merge: [time]1388355286[/time]
    One problem, my saves aren't working. Could you help my helpless self please? :(
    Post Merge: [time]1388356542[/time]
    Oh it's fine now, I found a converter ;D

10. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Hehe you're a hair saver Jhon ;)
    It's pretty nice to see people happy :p

11. Jhon 591

Save should work as normal when save in game.

!lol Joel16 ;) Np all :)

12. LuckyIori

LuckyIori Member

Yeah he's a hair saver haha! I honestly can't thank him enough!