1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Devil Survivor 2 and some other new games error=-4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by JimmyLuong, Feb 9, 2013.

1. JimmyLuong

JimmyLuong New Member

Greetings everyone,
    I recently pick up my old DS again and start to try some newer games such as DS2. But I encounter the error=4 upon booting it up. I of course google the cause to try fixing this myself. But I couldn't find the right way to do this. I tried the AP patch, didn't work. I tried to replace the files in my R4 card from this DAT_s_5981_0 files kindly provided by resident user Jhon 591. With that I got a white screen. I read that I need to format my card and some other place say that I need to update my card firmware and wat's not. I'm really confused about all these information since I'm no expert on the subject.

The problem is I don't really know what my carts firmware is so I can't use the help provided from http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0. All I know is that on the cover it say R4iTT for DS. Can someone help me to identify which firmware would I need to use ( if any). How can I fix the error=-4?

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

What kernal version do you use for your R4iTT ?

http://www.r4itt.net/?c=gamekernel

As far as I can see from a random download, that the new extinfo.dat / infolib.dat / savlib.dat from latest updates should get replaced into the SYSTEM folder of your Kernal.

EDIT: (Note) No patched roms should be used, only clean.

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

basically DL your card firmware, once you have that done check the file of Ysmenu, and try each of the sub sub folders, for example lets pick the YSmenu for R4 clones, go and open it, there should be a TTmenu folder among other file, copy them to where the firmware files of your card are (The root) afterwards run the YSmenu, if it doesnt loads try a different YSmenu firmware

4. Jhon 591

Backup and

I Custom the extinfo.dat / infolib.dat / savlib.dat / ENG.dat /

Edited more Title list extender to loader.dat / should prevent freeze at 75% loaded, should ex-end limit of 900 titles in extinfo.dat

I myself can not test, as I don't have your make of card.

r4itt_English_Custom.rar

Download from Host within: http://uploadmirrors.com/download/1NINA3E7/r4itt_English_Custom.rar

5. JimmyLuong

JimmyLuong New Member

Hi,
    Wow thanks for the fast reply. I'm gonna test this asap I will get back when in a bit :D
    Also my R4itt card is the old one which has the silver screw on the back ( the 3rd one in the website which stop production in June)

6. Jhon 591

I'm not to sure, Is a big firmware with lot's of files.

They is also a kernal for 3DS on that site to ...
    Post Merge: [time]1360435240[/time]
    I think that is one I downloaded, will dubble check.

Yep is one, eng kernal.

7. JimmyLuong

JimmyLuong New Member

Wow Thanks a bunch man, you just made my day ;D I got this to work.
    Bless you buddy.

8. Jhon 591

Ok, how you got it to work ??? , custom firmware was not downloaded from any host on uploadmirrors... ^^^ first host is not a real site, other host are.

Are did you just update DATs into SYSTEM folder ?

anyway np ;)

9. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

Eh i think so too that he placed correctly the YS menu firmware on the rigth places

10. Jhon 591

He should also replace the loader.dat from the custom firmware, this fix within help the 75% freeze on loading of a ROM.

Some cards it did not matter on, some like R4 clones on ysmenu it did.

11. farcry31

farcry31 Well-Known Member

R4iTT - www.r4itt.net (not NEW version) -> Rename 1 copy of TTMenu.dat to r4.dat (Use DSTTi-Clone YSMenu folder)

do this and all shall work , no need for original firmware