1. This forum is in read-only mode.

destroyed cd's......

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tonyxxl, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyxxl

tonyxxl Well-Known Member

does anyone know how to see corrupted files from cd's and dvd's?i really need ur help guys.....
    ps
    sorry if wrong section.....

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

If its minor scratches on the disc then try a cd repair machine (like a disc dr.) If its major scratches that reach the data layer, or parts of the data layer are damaged/missing, then you're SOL.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I got a weird suggestion but it may damage your equipment in the long run..

Along with loonylion's idea of repairing the disc, you could try coping them..

One time I bought a ps2 game, sad to say the disc failed to work, however I tried to duplicate the iso image from it.

I put it in my burner drive, set the read speed to 1x, and waiting...it took over an hour, and had to put up with the burner going ballistic.

But this was the only way to get the disc working...so the copy works better than the original ;D

Funny enough I got a refund on that disc as the place were supposed to check the condition to be playable (the damage was superficial...but what you couldn't see was how bad it was...)

4. tonyxxl

tonyxxl Well-Known Member

Quys thanks a lot for your advices but i speaking about a program or something.....the cd isn't a game cd,it contains various files like mp3's and videos.can you find a program to read the files?THANKS A LOT

By the way shaving foam (LOL)is the best thing for destroyed cd's
    PS:
    i had read a litle article about a program that reads the destroyd cd's and the deleted files from the HARD DRIVE!

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

About the hard drive thing...I think you need to get thoe files out first...or use a virtual cd drive-like a pc game emulator but for cd images, commonly known as iso's.

Hrm...one option is to click and drag until it won't let you.

Making an iso of that is pointless but I'd copy the iso and burn that anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.