1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DeSmuMe : Save file problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Derahex, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Derahex

Derahex Member

Greetings, world. Here is the dilemma : I am trying to save a gameplay video using Desmume's AVI recording, but when I try to import the backup memory after converting it with Shunyweb, DeSmuMe does not load it ! No$GBA doesn't seem to have any problem loading a converted save file, so I know it's not a problem with the site.
    Here are some specifications to avoid confusion and suggestions of things I already tried.

Original Save format : .sav (R4)

Converted Save attempts

Shunyweb :
    .sav (RAW - Autodetection) - failure
    .sav (RAW - Force 512 kbs) -failure
    .sav (No$GBA) Works on corresponding emulator

Uniquegeeks :
    .dsv (DeSmuMe) - failure

But oddest of all is a test I made later ; I start a game from scratch, get to the first save point, save the game, and export a backup memory. I then import that memory and... poof. Save file gone.

What happens exactly is this : As soon as I import a memory (I tried it with different games) the game resets, the title screen appears, and if there was any save data, it's gone now. Like if DeSmuMe detects all imports like clean data or something... except trying to save after importing results in a "could not write data. please turn off the power" type error. I checked the FAQ head to toe, but there doesn't seem to be any solution in sight. Help...

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You'd probably corrupted the save files, and the files didn't load because it failed during conversion.

Just use one convertor; 'UniqueGeeks Offline Save File Type Converter'. It supports both DeSmuMe and No$GBA (save as R4).

3. Derahex

Derahex Member

The save files are NOT corrupted, they work for No$GBA.
    Also, can you explain this :
    P.S.
    Used the offline converter. The result was different then usual. instead of loading a nonexisting save file, I got "Unable to read data. Turn the power off."

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If you use no$gba save file, just rename file extention as is to .dsv

no need to convert

Keep backups of save, and try all .