1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DeSmuME Lagging

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ev0lut10n, Jun 19, 2012.

1. ev0lut10n

ev0lut10n Well-Known Member

I have a pretty decent PC Config:
    2GB DDR3
    Nvidi GT 430
    Intel i3@ 3.09GHz
    All drivers are up to date.
    But still my emulator laggs after 3 minutes of playing. Is there a way to fix it?
    And please don't tell me to use no$gba cuz' it sucks.

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Try a newer version maybe?
    0.9.8?

3. ev0lut10n

I'm using newest version.

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Hmm.
    Try getting a clean emulator.

Backup your saves and stuff. Sometimes to much configuration on an emulator can stuff it up.

5. ev0lut10n

Did it all. Still laggs

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the i3 isn't very powerful, and it can also depend quite heavily on the game you are playing. some just run slower than others.

7. ev0lut10n

before 3 months I was nomally playing every game. now every game laggs

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Well there you go. Your system might be a bit bloated right now. Did you try clearing your system's cache &/or doing a defrag?

9. ev0lut10n

tried it. still laggs

10. Diablo361

Diablo361 Well-Known Member

Don't use external BIOS images.
    If you ARE using external BIOS images, (or must for some reason) try enabling Patch DelayLoop SWI
    Try switching between OpenGL Renderer and Software Rasterizer. You may not like the results, but it may get you more speed.
    Disable this option: Config > Emulation Settings > Enable Bus-Level Timing.
    Use Dual SPU in the Sound Settings, and don't use Advanced SPU Logic.
    In the Sound Settings, set interpolation to none.
    If you can handle it, turn off the sound altogether. Try listening to a shoutcast instead; I recommend happyday new age or ah.fm!
    Don't use the NOSSE2 build.
    Don't use someone else's unofficial "SVN" build, it probably is not fully optimized, since we make our Windows releases using some profiler-guided optimization, which helps by several FPS.
    Use frame skip. Even frameskipping by 1 will help and many games will stay playable. Frameskipping is continually tweaked in each release to get more bang for the buck, but beware that dual screen 3d games still may not work well under frameskip. If screens seem stuck, pick a different frameskip value.
    There is now the option of disabling an entire screen. (Tools > View Layers > Main GPU, etc) Consider disabling a screen which is useless in the game you are playing. NOTE: View > LCDs Layout > One LCD *WILL NOT* increase your speed. This merely hides the lcd, but it is still rendered. This is important for dual screen games and other weird cases.
    Don't scale the window anything different than 1x and don't use resize filters.
    If you are using the software rasterizer, disable edge marking and fog if you feel like they aren't needed. If the game isn't using those features then this won't help.
    Buying a newer, faster computer is somewhat more expensive, but it has other side benefits.
    Don't use a netbook.
    If you're using a laptop/notebook, try disabling power management or setting the system to run in maximum performance. Desktop users should consider investigating this too, just in case. Additionally, desktop users should investigate whether their system is clogged with dust, or a fan is malfunctioning, or a heatsink has fallen off of a chip. Tons of people run into these problems, believe it or not. Finally, all AMD users should disable Cool'n'quiet which doesn't work worth a crap.
    Your graphics card is irrelevant. Upgrade your CPU.

Info from their Wiki.

11. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Try JIT builds - They added a Use Dynamic Recomplier that helps speedup emulaton

http://www.emucr.com/2012/06/desmume-jit-svn-r4292.html

(Note) No emulation is ever perfet .

12. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

If you really need some fps boost, fully turn off sound in the options, Seems to work well with most games.

13. Diablo361

Diablo361 Well-Known Member

FYI the JIT builds don't work with the game, it froze when I tried it.

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

No need to be prissy.

If the emulator lags for you these days then you'll just have to deal with it.

15. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Strange no issues here xd...

Clean ROM
    Post Merge: [time]1340627389[/time]
    Xd, Real Ds consoles these days are like about £40 - 50 and flascards like R4 original £5 to 6

I have no idea why just anyone use emus, when the real deal is cheap as chips !lol

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

*Cough* Different Economies & different monetary values *cough* :p

As an example:

40 British Pounds = 2,654.44312 Philippine Pesos
    50 British Pounds = 3,318.0539 Philippine Pesos

Add import & local luxury taxes & to this day a DS still costs around 5,000 Php.

Still think £40 ~ £50 is dirt cheap? :p