1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Demonoid invite

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kotakid2000, Oct 3, 2007.

1. kotakid2000

kotakid2000 Member

I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this but I've been trying to get registered for Demonoid for a while now. I only go to a few sites for downloads (Romulation being the best I've found) but I can't seem to get registered on Demonoid. Can anyone send me an invite code to the site to be able to register?

Please keep up the great work at Romulation. I'd be lost without it. I really enjoy reading the forums also even though I don't post very often.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Our moderator winterrise gives them out if you get over 100 posts, become a premium member or win one of his contests (next one coming soon) :)

3. kotakid2000

kotakid2000 Member

Thank you for the information. I've been thinking about becoming a premium member anyway. :)

4. faleira

faleira Member

I could've helped too... but it doesn't matter now. I live in Canada... :'(

5. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Didn't they close down Demonoid or something?

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Only to Canadians. ;D

7. AzN1NoOdLez

AzN1NoOdLez Member

lol he said it with a happy face ;D

8. ChibiGamer

ChibiGamer Well-Known Member

I'm sure it was said with a happy face because he isn't Canadian.

And I'm also sure that he feel terrible for the Canadians...

Seph, Stop doing that jig! :p

;)

9. Seph

Err... yeah that's it, you know me so well Chibi.

Ah but I went into intensive training as soon as I found out... and now it's for nothing? Unfair. =/

10. hatmankh

hatmankh New Member

Can I get a demonoid invite as well please? I would understand if you don't want to give me one, its like you give it to one person and then everyone starts asking. :-[

11. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

i might be missing something here...why is demoniod so good? i find using thepiratebay or scrapetorrent and adding a bunch of trackers works excellent. Anyone care to fill me in?

12. hatmankh

hatmankh New Member

I don't even know how to use trackers and most torrents I get from piratebay run at 2kbs to 10kbs, so I think demonoid might be better, anyway if its not too much to ask could you tell me what a tracker is and how to use it?

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

a tracker is a server that mediates between the peers. You use them all the time with bittorrent, its transparent.

14. Rockstar99

Rockstar99 Well-Known Member

Oh does that mean Im a lucky? ;D ;D I already got a invite form probably a mysterious stranger from no where!

15. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

well speed usually depends on peers, most torrents I get (usually aXXo DVD rips) run from 100-560kbps, I dont see a point in joining demoniod if its not gonna give me better than that anyway...

16. Seph

Winter can't actually give invites out later, he's Canadian so he's banned. :p

17. Rockstar99

Rockstar99 Well-Known Member

:p and how much more times are you gonna brag about canadians not allowed on demonoid, seph? :p

18. Reider

Reider Modereider

He's not bragging so much as he's making fun of them :p

If Canadians really want in there though, they can just use a proxy or something though, so there's no real problem anyways.

19. Koshiki

Koshiki New Member

Demonoid is mostly great as it's a ratio'd site, so people are constantly trying to get upload.. meaning just about anything you want there is well-seeded, even quite old torrents. My own connection downstream is capped at 120KB/s (as opposed to kb) and I regularly peg it when I'm grabbing something. Seems to have a good number of utilities and other 'odds and ends' that wouldn't stay around long on TPB.

PS- The ban on canadialand is payback for poutine-hogging, biznatches. Everybody point and laugh at the flappy-heads. ;D

20. Koshiki

Koshiki New Member

Aren't inactive accounts (no upload or download activity) automatically deleted after a month or two?