1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dementium 2 - Save Protection Pwnt by Cyclo?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Aldar, May 7, 2010.

1. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

I Haven't tried this yet, but i don't see why it wouldn't work fine.
    If the gameplay itself isn't neutered then a CycloDS should be able to play it fine if you just use the Real-Time save feature. (kinda like a save state)
    If anyone else has tried it then post away, if not by the time i actually do try it out i will.

2. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

i tried that and i get a white screen after booting the rom

3. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

it wont boot on the cyclo ....
    this would work if the iedge boots it and will play it fine but it just wont save so its a shame the iedge doesn't have a RTS

4. cowboycoder77

cowboycoder77 Member

It boots on my Cyclo. I'm running B.1 firmware. RTS works too. I just load my save state from the title screen. This way I can save and switch off and return to it later.

5. mattkd

mattkd New Member

I suppose the RTS feature would work. but I'd rather wait for a crack as I did for zelda Spirit Tracks

6. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

You'd rather WAIT?! I'd rather just get a crack now!

7. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

you guys no the into thing that the unloaders put on there....
    well people now think thats what broke the rom so wate for a re upload and lets hope that is the problem so then we can get playing it properly with out waiting for a patch...
    so it will be re-uploaded very soon and we can see then...

8. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Well since it does fine on my CycloDSevo B.1fw with RTS then i have no problem playing it as it is.
    Plus it's kinda nice to use RTS in a game like this in case you have to quit all of a sudden or something, as long as you don't overuse it, but then again that's just a "Game Morals" type comment.

9. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

RTS is working fine with my CycloDS B.1 also. It's probably only like the 3rd time I've ever used the feature.

10. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

I Don't use it often either unless i feel i need to.
    The most i have used it was in Fire Emblem when i was doing very very long grinding for my whole team in the arenas.
    I Also use it whenever i have a game i like, but might be a little too hard for me and i still want to try and beat it.
    The thing to watch out for though is that unlike a normal save file it's quite big.
    Normal save is 512k, but an RTS (at least on Cyclo) is over 4.5mb so space can be an issue if you use it too much.