1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Deleting games off SD card breaks card reader?????

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by clanger, Feb 22, 2010.

1. clanger

clanger Member

Weird problem that I have.....

Using R4 for revolution with kingston sd. (2gb)

when deciding to free up space on sd, put card back in reader, back in usb port, found drive, clicked on delete for the selected game, error occurred and then the pc wouldnt even find the reader! -

Been back to shop for reader testing and embarrasingly, have had two replacements, to which man at shop seemed exaspirated, and wondered if my pc is 'breaking' them as had a similar problem when removed previous one from usb port, only to ifnd when put back in it wouldnt find the reader drive again!!!

Am I doing something wrong?
    Can you delete data/games off an sd?

Help as am scared to recconect reader and add/delete stuff to sd in case I bread any more readers!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Your computer wouldn't be breaking them. Many readers are very poor quality and break easily (not physical, internally).

I've gone through two. So far the one I have now seems to be holding up pretty well. Always make sure you use the "Safely Remove" option before disconnecting your device. It's usually an icon showing a drive and a green arrow in your system tray. If it's not there, right click on the drive in your "My Computer" listing and it will have the option to "Safetly Remove Storage Device".

3. clanger

clanger Member

thanks for reply.

Should I be able to delete games off the sd card tho? - I thought I should be able to?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, you should be able to delete games from your SD card.

5. rouronijohn

rouronijohn New Member

I have a sort of similar problem to this, the issue im having is that it I cant erase nds files off my 2gb kingston card. im using an R4 ultra
    and a regular old SD card adapter (the kind that turns a micro into a regular sized SD. i cant get the micro into the usb adaptor that it came with :S). when i right click the file erasing it isnt even an option. any insight would be welcome.

6. duckie112

duckie112 Member

i use just a regular Micro SD card and it works fine with me im using R4DS revolution (or something) and its working fine. Maybe its the kingstone card thats the problem you can buy a Micro SD for like 10 bucks or something