1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Defeated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by painda, Mar 17, 2010.

1. painda

painda Member

I just got my new copy of Pokemon SS, you win Nintendo :'( First game i HAD to buy, forced to.

2. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

You gave up too easily, at least you got the pokewalker.
    :)

3. painda

painda Member

Well, you'd look kinda gay walking with it on your belt LOL

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Well, there's a plus to the pokewalker. You can encounter specific pokemon not native to HGSS, and there's this Yellow Forest that has a ton of Pikachu. There's a certain Pikachu that knows Fly, some know Surf, and of course, Volt Tackle.

5. painda

painda Member

Holy crap, what? I'm kinda new to the whole pokewalker concept

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I don't really think it's being defeated. Obviously you got to test the game since it works quite well all the way up to the 4th gym. You liked it so you went and bought it. I'd say if anyone was defeated here it'd be the cheap people who never buys game. So I'm cheering.

Now we just need Nintendo to release demos and full downloadable games.

7. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

I'm amazed that Nintendo haven't taken this into account and made this a service. They could make money out of Emulation, then again there are always private sites or more public sites like this one.

Then again thinking about the profits, etc it probably wouldn't be worth it as they'd have to sell it for a bit less. All the people with the internet would be missing out on this too, so they're cutting out half of the market. Blah blah blah.

It'd be nice Seph, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. But I'm all go for the idea too.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We actually offered to do it for nintendo at one point, but they never responded, if they even saw the offer.

9. snebbers

Wow, I am actually surprised at that. It's an excellent opportunity to them.. I guess they thought that if they had this information in its raw format as an NDS file, for instance like we have them, then they could be exposed and people could hack into these games. But yet people already do. They could be doing people a favour in some respects, and in other respects they could not.

I did not know that this prospect had been offered to them. But I'm glad to hear that it had been.

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It wasn't so much an offer as it was us whining they should do it. And saying we'd even help them out getting it done if they so pleased. At no point did we contact them or anything, we're not stupid enough to believe they aren't capable of doing it themselves. :p

11. snebbers

Oh I don't doubt that for a moment. :p Nintendo have far more resources at their disposal and far more technical equipment, they could re-do everything and make the Flash Carts available a margin better than they are. More Space, better flow, no anti-piracy problems etc. :p

I laughed at the "... As it was us whining they should do it." part. I'm not sure everyone would agree with it, but I think I'd also be on the 'whining' side. ::)

12. finalmario

finalmario Well-Known Member

I might have to buy it too.Since i have an R4. But i think i'll wait for a while.Im gonna stop with DS games for a while anyway.I'll try to find some good xbox 360 games now.:p

13. Buppazugan

Buppazugan Well-Known Member

Atleast you had the choice, we don't get it till the 26th over here, with CONTENT cut from it. GO EUROPE!

14. snebbers

Well I think everyone should buy their DS games. I used to think differently but people should buy the retail carts. It's so much more worth it.

Try looking through some websites or post a request in the Microsoft section to see peoples opinions on good 360 games. :)

15. finalmario

Well,ive been now trying to buy the games for systems instead of hacking.I totatly find the 360 games worth buying,expecially ones like Batman:Arkham Asylum.SOME wii games would be worth 50 bucks i guess(like SSBB since it was dual layered.)

DS games i dont really think they are worth 35 bucks though.Well,i guess games like pokemon would be.Not to mention the pokewalker thing.

And thanks.Most people are saying like *GET MODEREN WARFARE 2!* but im very pickey with 1st person shooters so i dont know how that one will be.:p People said left for dead was great,but both the first and secand i dont see whats the big deal about them.I think games like halo and goldeneye are alot better.Although they are still fun.

16. Loonylion

Ds games actually cost more to produce because of the media costs. DVDs are ten a penny (even cheaper for the quantities that publishers purchase) EPROM chips and PCBs are considerably more expensive.

17. snebbers

Got there before me again Loony >_<

I know it seems like a rip off to buy a DS game for 35 bucks but the content of it and how long the game can actually last is a huge factor. I mean sure it's a little cart with a single game on, but still. It's good to support them, they are looking for a profit after all to make better games.

Modern Warfare 2 is only fun to me because I enjoy unlocking everything within a game, and the XP in offline play hooks me. I'm a completionist, so if I play a game I usually complete it to the full. Left for Dead are extremely linear and don't really have much of a story-line to it. Halo's good, both the single Player and the Multiplayer.

Borderlands is okay I guess.

At least we can be sure that Xbox 360 games won't be put into emulation properly for a long time yet.

18. finalmario

But a PS3 emulator is already being worked on.xD And there's already a wii one.So 360 is next.
    Project natal wont work on emulators though.Not just a regular webcam would work for natal.Because webcams lag.:p

19. Loonylion

360 doesnt need an emulator, its so close to a PC its possible to convert xbox executables to run natively on PC.

A PS3 emulator is a hell of a long way off.

Webcams dont lag, its the transmission that lags. A webcam being used locally (i.e not for streaming over the internet) can get perfectly acceptable framerates.

20. finalmario

Oh,i didnt know that.Then a webcam would work for natal maby.Cuz thats pretty much what natal is.A camera.With a built in mic that is.

And now that i think of DS games,there are some that are worth buying.:p

Like the new pokemon
    ACWW
    Super Mario 64 DS(i have the real game of this one as well as ACWW.This game might be 6 years old,but i still play it alot.As well as the original 64 verson.Mario Galaxy CANT beat mario 64.xD)

And wario ware DIY. I played the Jap verson and it was awesome.