1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Decided on the Acekard 2.1/2i... which one and where to buy?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by raptir, Mar 15, 2010.

1. raptir

raptir Member

I want to get one of the Acekards. I have a DSLite, and I never plan on getting a DSi. Does it matter which one I get? Is one known to be higher quality?

Also, what's a good site to order from? Someone recommended Leetmod.

http://www.leetmod.com/acekard-21-for-ds-slot1-microsdhc-multimedia-cartridge-p-154.html

http://www.leetmod.com/acekard-2i-cartridge-for-nintendo-dsi-ds-lite-ds-p-169.html

Same price for both cards, and seems like a decent one. What does the "new green PCB" mean though? Is that the better iteration of the 2.1? Either way, which should I go with, and where should I buy it from?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I wasn't quite sure where to post it.

2. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

acekard 2i... just in case you want to upgrade to dsi

3. nickgenova

nickgenova Member

http://www.gamekool.com/acekard-2iak-2i-support-dsidslds-p-217.html?zenid=mjq2qvd0ec41mofpcg0gnfbaq5

a little cheaper. i'm thinking of buying one too.

4. raptir

raptir Member

That site is 15.10 plus 8 shipping, Leetmod is 16.99 + 2 shipping, so it's actually a little cheaper.

And yeah, I don't plan on sidegrading to the DSi, but if my DSLite breaks and I can't get a DSLite again, I'd buy a DSi.

So there's no quality difference? One isn't less prone to failure?

5. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

i believe its even beatter (2i)

6. raptir

raptir Member

Alright. Does anyone have any comment about the seller? It seems like a good deal, but they're not one of the authorized resellers on the Acekard site...

7. Arcana109

Arcana109 Member

Try DealExtreme. They have it for 12 bucks, free shipping. Takes about 2-3 weeks to get there, though

8. raptir

raptir Member

The only thing I noticed is that their Acekard 2 is listed as just that, not a 2.1. Do I really want the 2i? I read somewhere that the Acekard 2.1s with the black or blue PCB were the best... is the 2i better than that even?

9. I'm thinking about replacing my R4 for an AceKard 2i as well. I have one question though which I do apologise for; when HGSS is said to work on most Acekards, is that flawlessly working or merely letting you play with the freezing issue to contend with?

I was thinking of nabbing mine from www.r4i.co.uk and wondered what your opinion was on that website.

10. Hokap

Hokap Member

Yeah I'm looking to buy an Acekard2i aswell.....

I've been looking at the r4i.co.uk site aswell AeonThePhoenix, I'm not sure if they are trustworthy, guess I have to read a few reviews and see if they are good enough. They look legit to me though....

11. raptir

raptir Member

Well, I decided to order the Acekard 2 off of DealExtreme. It's a lot cheaper, and they're apparently good about replacing them if you get a bad one.

And AFAIK, the Acekard works well for HG/SS, but it's not perfect. You still can run into some occasional freezing, but it's not as bad as on an R4 or DSTT.

Interestingly enough, I've actually found that my R4 runs YSMenu better than my DSTT does.