1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Debating on 3DS or not

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by insanecrazy07, Nov 12, 2013.

1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

So I finally got the news that there's a working 3DS flashcart out. It's relatively well supported, and now there's 3DS ROMs floating around now.

Now my real dilemma is whether I should go out and get a 3DS as well as the Gateway 3DS, or scrap it altogether since new 3DSes will have a much later firmware on it than what is hackable.

I liked the NDS scene quite a bit because it didn't have this firmware issue and I could play online anytime I wanted. I'm hoping that I won't have to wait for specific times to play online similar to the very small window where I could sign onto PSN with CFW 4.30 back when they allowed 4.30 users to play with 4.31 users, but since then it's a dedicated offline console.

Another option would be to buy the console, keep it at that stock firmware and then patiently wait for a new v6+ exploit. But I've been reading that anything past v6.2 might as well be unhackable, much like anything past 3.55 OFW for PS3s is pretty much screwed.

Lesson learned: Buy the damn consoles when they first come out, sit on them for two years or so and then not run into firmware problems.

2. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

I bought 2 3DS XLs last week. In in the UK and bought them from a big company called Tesco.

I couldn't believe my luck when I opened them. Both have only version 4 firmware on them, so I've frantically searched (with some help from people here) for a working 3DS card. I've opted for the R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe Edition which I've paid for and am awaiting delivery.

In the meantime, I'm busy searching for ROMs to play.

Good luck in your search.

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

3DS are 2DS ?, 2DS Cheaper but no 3D level in 3DS games ....

4. Nachtholm

Nachtholm Member

Ummm... This may seem like a dumb question, but just what games would you play on a 3DS which you can't play elsewhere?

Off the top of my head I can only think of Super Mario 3D Land, the new Shin Megami Tensei games and Pokemon X and Y. Admittedly I'd be pretty stoked to hear of any top-tier releases that aren't just another N64 remake.

5. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Theres a lot of games you cant play elsewhere.
    Animal Crossing:New Leaf
    MarioKart 7
    Super Pokemon Rumble
    The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time
    Naruto Shippuden 3D The New Era etc.

6. angusangus

well my kids 'needed' an XL so I thought I might as well go balls out and get the 3DS

7. Nachtholm

Nachtholm Member

Dark Infernape, Ocarina of Time is on the N64, Gamecube and Wii. I would hardly say that it classifies.

As for the others, I had no idea they had actually released a Mario Kart for the 3DS yet. Much less Animal Crossing

8. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

yep 3ds has mariokart7 . Which is really improved it includes new karts , paragliders , and many new mechanisms new opponents include a pokeball , sonic and others

so with all these new features who wouldnt want to buy a 3ds and plsy these games and dont forget about the luigi's mansion and pokemon x&y which includes a lot of 3d stuffs .

9. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

⇧ Left out This One here :p ⇧

10. angusangus

I thought the whole world knew about Mario Kart for the 3DS too but I must admit I didn't know about Luigi's Mansion. Just grabbing LM2 now, thanks.

11. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

It's not so much being able to play games that are available elsewhere, but the ability to transfer save files between the card and the PC (and between legit cartridges and the microSD).

That function saved my ass several times when saves magically disappeared on my legit cartridges for the DS. WiFi save dumping saved me there, and there was the usual disappearing saves on my microSD that I had backed up onto my HDD.

12. Innnjoy

Innnjoy Member

i don't like the 2DS design, 3DS looks great, so i still want to get one 3DS

13. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Me 2 3DS are 2DS ?.........

2DS 110 pound new in box. are 3DS XL £115 pound pre-owned without box :-\ , But I can be thingy about a Box in one way that I should not, I heard box to a 3DS XL is not much Quality at all this correct ?, But I would have to put in another 45 pound for one with Box also new 3DS XL.

Looking up some youtube videos. but at moment only have to buy original 3DS games, but someone seed to be careful about, auto update's firmwares with real 3DS games, Did not know that was possible ??? .