1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Death of Poland's president

Discussion in 'General News' started by Rysio, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/world/3569743/Polish-presidents-plane-crashes-in-Russia-87-die
    I would never imagine this will happen...
    [​IMG]

2. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Woah! That's like an all-in-one for his enemies! O.O

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

im just glad it wasnt airforce 1.
    the conspiracy theory geeks would take over discovery channel and its all i would hear on the news for months.

4. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

and i thought Poland and Russia are friends now... somebody should say something that WWII is over... they even had that Warsaw Pact...

Well, his VP is a very happy man now.

5. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Poland and Russia were never friends, but russians have nothing to do with this. It was an accident. And now they are helping us with crashsite investigation.

6. damanali

I feel bad for the president's children if he had any... they lost both of their parents in just a flash...
    maybe a miracle will happen and even just 1 soul would be found alive.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that particular type of plane is often involved in crashes, its soviet era and has a piss poor safety record.

8. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Surprising the plane wasnt on its way to the UK.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if the CAA has banned those aircraft from british airspace, given their history of serious incidents.

10. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

They had a daughter. And no miracles yet...

Well, they intended to change it in the future, but it's too late now...

11. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

Well that's a huge blow to Poland's political balance.

From what I heard from TV it looks like it's the pilot's fault. He refused to change the landing location despite the thick fog and tried 3-4 times to land. Then a wing hit the top of some trees, and we all know the results. I also heard that Putin in person has been named as responsible of the investigation regarding the crash, is that true?

12. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Yes, it's true. And it's not the fault of pilot alone, the passengers decided not to change landing location too... Bad choice.

13. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Well in a couple of years we should see it on Discovery Channel.

14. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Don't you mean National Geographic? Well, not that Seconds from Disaster still airs... I loved that show.

Ouch for Poland... But at least now, they're going to ban that specific model now, right? Especially after an important political official has been killed?

15. damanali

When a president of a country dies, i feel the whole country dies with him. His primary duty to represent his country and to serve it. I feel the same sadness his people feel. If our president dies like that, many of our countrymen will love it, but well, i would be one who would mourn.

How old is the daughter? maybe she is of legal age, right? From seeing pictures of the president with his wife, i think their daughter will be more than 20 years old. But still, its still pretty sad.

16. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Yeah, she's adult. But she lost her parents nonetheless...

I thought about it myself, actually...

17. ultra

ultra Guest

i have a question, why is his death/existance so important?!

18. Petey

Petey Well-Known Member

Dont invest in shit planes, especially one that carries your president, problem solved. Don't disobey Air Traffic Controllers' orders and land when it's hazardous to do so, another problem solved.

19. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Why is the death of 87 of the Polish top politicians important? To you? Probably not, you can keep on living in your tiny little world. But to the Polish it's hugely important because they lost the people who they elected to lead their country. To the rest of us human beings it's important because we have something called compassion, we can see that something awful has happened to these people and we send our thoughts (fat load of good they'll do of course) to them.

I cleaned this topic off. I cannot believe people would show such blatant disrespect for something like this. For some reason I deleted the posts before I could hand out warnings but I think severely less of a lot of people now.

The plane had nothing to do with it, the pilot was most likely forced to attempt landing to keep the time schedule. So yeah, don't disobey the air traffic controller's orders.

20. Petey

Petey Well-Known Member

Seph, tens of thousands die everyday due to famine, why don't they deserve the same treatment as the Polish president and his cabinet. Biased imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.