1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Death Note The Movie 1&2 (&3)

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Tboi, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

First of all, Death Note is the best anime ever.
    Recently found out (this morning) that there were movies out, played by real life persons.Here you can watch them
    I saw them and they were actually a little better at the ending part.
    I rate them 10/10 for an anime going person style, good translation although somewhat different then the real death note.
    Still, if you have to watch it if you like death note.

And here's the big news: Death Note 3 is out!!

Anyway let me hear what you think about this.

2. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Re: Death Note The Movie 1&2

Deathnote 3.......

L and how he spent his 23 days.....

3. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

really??
    i Will wait for that!!!
    :D
    this movie is sooo amazzzzzzzzzinnnnggggg!!~~^^~~

4. PhatomKids

Wonder what the story about this time in deathnote 3??

5. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

About a deadly virus or something, saw the trailer-> Clicky for it

6. PhatomKids

I wonder after this will they still be another movie of deathnote

7. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

I do hope so.

8. Tatakae

Tatakae Active Member

Just recently watched the 3rd one, and it's better to treat the movie as entire series together now since it's differ so much already from the original manga.

9. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Is the third out allready??? :eek: :eek:

Give me a link where i can see it, i can't find it :p

10. Tatakae

Tatakae Active Member

Yeah, it's out already, I watched it on my local nearby theater. Don't think anyone would make some illegal sub for it soon though. Especially risking it to record all those inside a theater, where you can get caught by officials. >_>

11. Exrael

Exrael Member

I definitely would not say Death Note is the best anime ever, but everyone has their own opinions, I guess! (Broaden your horizons!) I finished the manga series, and it wasn't that great, at least for me.

Anyways, I haven't seen any of the live action movies (and I probably won't), but the one thing I can say is, when I looked at the 3rd movie advertisements featured in JUMP, I can just envision thousands of L fangirls burning and stabbing pictures of him and that girl together. XD

12. gryphoondawn

gryphoondawn Well-Known Member

I prefer if its modify from the manga because there, most of the internal conflict was shown and as the characters developed the story revealed the identity of kira. Too bad L died

13. gryphoondawn

gryphoondawn Well-Known Member

INTERNET

Too lame, the story was based on an anime and the anime was based on a manga so the story change alot and in different part. the idea of the writer change.

MOVIE
    The animation was great (shinigami). The sound was ok and there are many scenes that was cut. The things on the film happened so fast. The characters should be introduced in a longer period of time. Most of the prt happened on all of a sudden. Most of the post was effective especially when the camera was below the shinigami(eventhough it was an animation). It really show superiority of the shinigami among the humans. Also the red eyes was a great symbol. The direscor made a good use of the eyes. As the film goes, the only people who sees the red eyes was the viewers and the characters on the film dosent notice it. It was really effective^^.

ANIME
    Never finished it but i notice that the ditor made alot of cutting and some of them was really intersting like the first guy who used the deathnote and the magic eraser. I know that the editor do this on purpose to fit it on screen and replace it with commercials.

Can someone make a deathnote movie based on the story, not the manga, the novel if nescessary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do they sell an original copy of the film? i went to china town on toronto but they didn't sell any real copy/original.
    I want to compare it.

14. chipzto

chipzto Member

the movies are quite good, but sadly i don't see any relevance in the third one. it's nice to know what;s going on in the last 23 days of L's life. but to add a case in time within is quite unexpected... :-[ ....
    not that the story is bad though... the point is: i like how they twist the storyline in the movie. unfortunately, they're too short.. isn't it better to have 3 or 4 movies about L and light rather than 2 movies with 1 complement movie?

15. jexamine

jexamine Member

i actually didn't downloaded this one since i am a pro kira through and through ^_^

16. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

What surprised me in the third movie was

*Spoiler alert*

Watari's death, didn't he die already?

*end spoilers*

17. juneoneb

juneoneb New Member

L never die

18. vincent_val3ntine

vincent_val3ntine Active Member

its a perfect movie.. I just finish watch it.

19. Artifactor

Artifactor Member

i like how light fought the heart attack even though he knew he was doomed to die, also the third movie had a good story line i've watched it like three times

20. vincent_val3ntine

vincent_val3ntine Active Member