1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dealextreme gave me a new/free acekard

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by angusangus, Mar 31, 2010.

1. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

I know that quite often gamers here ask if Dealextreme are still in business for acekards well I can categorically say they are!!

I bought two AK's for my DSi's over a month back. One of them packed up more or less straight away (in fact I don't think it worked at all). I went onto the Dealextreme site and told their 'customer services' - that was easier said than done.

They asked for a photo showing the defect????? so I sent them one and they responded straight away, saying they would send me a new one. Less than a week later I received it in the post.

So, yes Dealextreme still in business AND their customer service works well to. Thanks DX!!

(not sure if this was the right section to place, so Mods please move if required)

2. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Thats a good result Angus and quicker for a replacement than a ordered one.I hope youve tried it to see if it works before storing it as a spare LOL.

And when they sent you a replacement,it wasnt classed as a sale by Paypal,so maybe that doesnt mean theyve started selling them again.

3. angusangus

Good points LITM! No they didn't take out of my PayPal and you're right, I haven't checked it yet. I will do so before storing it as a spare!

Great advice, thanks!!

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

DealExtreme no longer sells flash carts.

Not even the SKU's are available anymore.

5. angusangus

Seriously? Since when, as I stated, I received my replacement only yesterday and bought a couple last month.

You won't find links to buy them but if you can acquire the said link, as far as I'm aware, they still do them???

Good luck to those who try anyway ;)

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Even the SKU's in the forum are gone.

7. KentaZX

KentaZX Guest

they stop selling them at march 18th. they got busted, which also means that link thing was fixed as well.

8. angusangus

Have you got a news link to that? I'd like to read it if poss, cheers

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=216524&st=0&p=2695678&#entry2695678

10. arceus12345

arceus12345 Well-Known Member

that is good to know. :):)

11. angusangus

Hmmm, just checked the link I have for DX (the one I purchased 2 AK from) and yes you're right!

The details have changed and it says:
    'Apologies but the product you have chosen is unavailable for ordering due to supply or quality issues.
    ETA of its availability will be posted once it is known. '

Looks like other avenues need to be tried!!