1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Deal to improve newborn health

Discussion in 'General News' started by Rogerwagyu, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Rogerwagyu

Rogerwagyu New Member

The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) yesterday signed an agreement to improve the health of newborn children in Bangladesh.

“Helping Babies Breathe”, a newborn health care programme, will be funded by the US government through its development agency USAID and implemented in Bangladesh by Save the Children.

Through this initiative, BSMMU will work with birth attendants by training them to help newborns who have breathing difficulties after birth.

2. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

Awwwww that's so sweet. I never thought that the US could care so much.

Remind me to hang myself for this.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

honestly its a waste of money. Bangladesh lacks the infrastructure to support such conditions long term, the money would be better spent on providing that basic infrastructure first (decent roads, ambulances, hospitals with ICU facilities etc)

4. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

I fully expect you to hold yourself to this.

5. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

The only reason why I said that was because the US offers more help towards others rather than help out itself first. At least we are collaborating to improve something rather than nothing at all.

I am still thinking about it.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its the same in the UK, we give billions of pounds a year to other countries and it's the stupidest idea in the world since that money is all borrowed. We're being generous with money we don't actually have. I strongly believe foreign aid should be stopped until we're back into surplus and actually have money to give away.

7. Bleachig0

Bleachig0 New Member

If we don't lend aid to the poor, they will starve. If the poor die, the people who are living in the safe zone now shall become poor. The gap between rich and poor can't close without things like communism. Communism leads to bad things too though. Basically, the world is f'ed.