1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dbz makes me sad =(

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by shimazuxi, Aug 10, 2009.

1. shimazuxi

shimazuxi Member

Just re watched the whole series and I realize how...not "omg amazing" it is... it was good but...so many flaws..like not having a moon..or a dog being a mayor... T_T....

2. 465740

465740 Well-Known Member

that doesnt make a difference to the overall series because the series isnt about the moon or the dog being a mayor its about goku and vegeta and other people who kill frieza majinbuu and cell :p i feel sad that there are some people who dont love the classic anime (its so old and ppl still watch it today even my uncle has :p)

3. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

who cares about that anyway?
    animes are supposed to be watched without common sense
    if you watch it with common sense, then you're definitely not going to enjoy it

4. nhidiocy

nhidiocy Member

the moon was destroyed last time i checked, so it makes sense to me

5. shimazuxi

shimazuxi Member

No I do love, it's my childhood... >.> just like I still like pokemon..even if there's a tad too many of them now, it's just..you know it's like I watched rugrats as a kid and thought it was amazing... now I watch it and I'm like...theres a docter named Docter Lipshitz (sorry, they many spell it differently...) and like...he never shuts up, I never picked up on that stuff... Dbz is kinda the same, in that...when I was 8 or 9 I'd fast forward to the fighting (lol) and not pay any attention to the small things..but if you watch it, and you do notice the small things, you can tell the writer got bored of making sense out of things. Not that its a bad show at all..I wish they still aired it on TV, every kid needs to watch that, Goku is a hero! I just can't believe how much I didn't notice as a kid, it makes me sad =(

6. crazytuna

Haha you clearly didn`t watched FLCL, that thing made no sense from the start til the end

7. shimazuxi

shimazuxi Member

No I did, but when I watched FLCL I watched it -too- laugh, when I watched dbz i watched it because it was like.. life or death in my mind if i missed it on Cartoon network... I never realized the humor in DBZ, or the small things that really just don't make sense... I took it so seriously as a child T_T

8. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Well, there's the problem... you watched it on cartoon network... They edit out so much stuff, the series just isn't the same

9. Akion

Akion New Member

If you enjoyed DBZ I recomend DR. Slump. Read the Manga if you can simply for the factor of it being Toriyama doing what ever he feels like.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Thankfully my youth taste are intact-I still see cartoons as they were meant to :)

Sure I see flaws in g1 transformers-but who cares?

Try watching the jap version instead XD

I still liked the cartoon network version I must say-it's the story I was after-not the little extras that kids can't see.

11. theclaw

theclaw Active Member

It's way better watched in order, without commercials. Going into random episodes just isn't fun.

12. blaza89

blaza89 Well-Known Member

well ain't you observant when watching anime,spoting little things that no one thinks looks odd, sure the dog talk i just guess its the future and all animals talk jus like in some anime aliens and humans are friends (it would be cool if my dog could talk and be mayor though)

13. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Dosen't this applies to all shows?

14. jelloroxsox

jelloroxsox Well-Known Member

me and my big bro watched dbz every friday when it came on... i miss those days...

15. rjsec4ever

rjsec4ever Well-Known Member

Just like Evangelion? ^^ I don't like DBZ, but I see where that's coming from. The 'Over 9K' meme is just overly used... >.<

16. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Haruhi makes me confused too... o_O

17. evannick

evannick Well-Known Member

same plus even more confused when the episodes are jumbled up

18. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

But... I'm able to understand it after watching it 3 times. o_O

19. crazytuna

oh yeah just like Evangelion