1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dating Timeline

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rock91, Feb 22, 2010.

1. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

What is your ideal dating timeline?

You know, date for X months/years. Get engaged after X months/years into dating. Get married X months/years after that.

Obviously this kind of depends on how the relationship is going, but what would be your ideal plan in a perfect world?

2. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

In my family history marriage kills all romance and love between the partners. And then there's divorce court, and all that, and...

And just general dating? I've never thought of a timeline. I would just... I don't know, be in love, and do lovey-dovey stuff?

3. Buppazugan

Buppazugan Well-Known Member

2-3 months of sex. Dump.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Parents.

-Go out=1 year

-Marrige=20+ years

-Love in that time=1 year and 6 months

No divorce in sight=Old fashioned family values agaisn't divorce

XD

Mates time lines

-Girl friend time

Max 3 years of torment but too afraid to dump each other-ends up violently (as in someone get's hurt phyisically or emotionally-and it's the GUYS that get the physical side :( ))

Minimum 2 weeks (a common figure especially our "ladies man", a good dude but is rather desperate and seems to churn thru them too fast...keeps all ex's as friends...except 2 for causing pain to the rest of us)

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Date for 5 years. Happy.

Engaged for a year, happy.

First five years of marriage. Relatively happy.

Next couple of married years, getting boring.

Last couple of years, bored and hatred towards eachother.

Divorced.

I'm SO excited for the divorce!!1111!!

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Your up to the 'relatively happy" part right?

XD

7. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

Ideal dating time line?

Friends: 2 years
    Crush: 3 month at least
    Couple: 2-3 years
    Engaged: 1 year (for prep of wedding, my cousin is getting married in may but they booked the place a year ago, it's really hard to do prep work)
    Marriage: happily ever after, till death do us part (but I want to die first, or else it'll be really painful to get left behind T_T)

No Divorce! Marriage takes managing and work to keep yet so many people just give up. I don't want that.

Ideally though, my husband would not commit adultery or become an abuser.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I agree entirely.

Divorce breaks kids up.

I've seen it way too many times. :(

And giving up is for the weak.

9. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

It's not for the week. It's for the weak.

I say date the girl for maybe around 3 years, move in together for a year to see if you're really made for each other, if it all works well get engaged and wait half a year, then go for it. That's pretty much the end of it. No divorces, no annulments. I plan to stick with one woman once I wear that tux and go down the altar with my woman in white waiting.

That'll take a while though.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Don't worry. Everyone has an error every now and then.

I don't see the point of marrying someone and then giving up 2 years down the road. Doesn't make sense to me.

11. martin81

martin81 Member

I like :)

12. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

This topic makes the huge assumption that I associate with chicks after I sleep with them.

13. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Helluva stamina you've got there.
    How typically selfish! Think of the pain your spouse will experience if you die first. And yet, here you are prioritising your own desires ahead of your loved one's. REAL love wants the OTHER person to die first. Real hatred, too. There's a fine line between the two, y'see.

14. Buppazugan

Buppazugan Well-Known Member

You'll soon find out when you eventually sleep with one :)

15. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

That would have been an amazing burn if you were right. 10/10 for effort, though.

16. corprlfish

corprlfish Well-Known Member

I don't plan things.