1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dark Chocolate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Jan 21, 2009.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

my friend pointed out that dark chocolate is 2 times the price of regular chocolate (even when its the same brand), any reason behind the expensive price?

and one more math question.....

if a net weight of chocolate A is 62g and sold at 6.20 each, on the other hand a net weight of chocolate B is 42g and sold at 3.20 each, does it mean i get more chocolate by buying 2 chocolate B?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes but you pay .20 more for 22g more

3. calvin_0

thanks.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Dark Chocolate? <3
    I love dark chocloate; so delicious and it has a slight bitter taste.
    It tastes lovely.

The reason it is more expensive is that it has a higher concentration of cocoa instead of the crappy milk and artificial lameless.
    Dark chocolate is also slightly good for you.
    It is one of the junk foods that I will eat...

6. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

haha that ^ and yeah i think it's harder to make? not sure not a big fan of dark chocolate but really i want a chocolate thats white mixed with milk chocolate not like one on top of the other but literally mixed and see how it tastes =P

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

dark chocolate is better for you than milk or white, but its still not good for you. Proper chocolate (im talking 80+ percent cocoa, organic,tiny little bar for $15) is good for you in moderation. Its also extremely bitter due to lack of sugar compared to other chocolate, but it goes great with a good cup of coffee :).

8. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

The common term given to proper chocolate is usually dark chocolate...

9. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Milk chocolade is the bit inbetween. Get white chocolate (rice based) or dark chocolate (+50%) for the real differences. +80% is too bitter for me. You can't really eat it properly.

10. lilblkridinhood

haha try 99% cocoa omg it is so damn bitter it stays in your mouth for a while and my moms friend actually enjoys eating it -.-

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

ouch, even 80% is too bitter for me.

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

We have something here what I think is 100% compacted Chocolate, but maybe I maybe mistaken. You can't eat it as is because it's too friggin' bitter plus it's very hard, rock hard that is. We eat it by melting & cooking it with rice to make Chocolate Congee or we drink it by beating it using a special mixer until it froths to form a nice drink. It's called a Tablea Chocolate.

[​IMG]

13. wes_new_name

wes_new_name Well-Known Member

dark chocolate is a more pure form of chocolate....i think

14. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

It's more of the REAL cocoa bean stuff. I personally hate dark chocolate because it's just too strong. I like the milk chocolate cause it's so milky and yummy.

15. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I personally am not a fan of any chocolates.

Gummi Worms are where it is at!

16. lilblkridinhood

haha i think the first kind of chocolate was like dark chocolate, until someone decided to dip it into milk or mix it into milk like and oreo and discovered MILK CHOCOLATE, which in my opinion is much more satisfying to eat =P, just only if it wasn't so unhealthy =(

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's correct, originally Chocolate was meant for smoking on a pipe, later someone discovered you can drink it. Then later someone discovered that adding milk to chocolate was a great combination, then chocolate as a candy soon followed.

18. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I love dark chocolate. It's very rich in flavour, and very tasty.

19. calvin_0

you can use chocolate as tabacco?

anyway i have no idea so many people love dark chocolate XD

20. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I've tried 99 Percent, Delicious although I prefer the 75 percent one of the same brand...