1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dante's Inferno [EUR]-PSP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tarotmaniac, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

i cant get it to work! :(( its says "the game could not be started (80020148)" What does that mean! :| Any help would be nice, i really want to play this.

2. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

ok either you can redownload the game fix OR you can patch it manually. do you want to spend 5 hours redownloading the game fixed or do you want to spend 15 minutes patching the game manually. your choice

3. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

15 mins of manual patching pls. how do i do that? :D

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I can't for the life of me find the tutorial I made (since the mods never moved it :( ) however...

That error usually means you lack the proper firmware, I'd assume it's 6.20 game.

A new firmware (5.50 GEN D-3) might be the answer...but some games don't work correctly on it, mostly the newer ones because they can detect the newer cfw's.

Let me know how it goes...If the psp version is any good I might give it a shot...actually I'll try it now :)

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=35149.0

This user solved the problem earlier.

6. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

Re: Dante\\\'s Inferno [EUR]-PSP

ok here's how you do it:
    download this: http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/948 (scroll down to bottom and click download)
    and this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0REFHDH3

extract UMDGEN to whatever folder you want to put it in then extract EDecrypt to /PSP/GAME folder in your psp. also remember to make a folder called ENC and put it in the root of your psp mem stick. after you have done all that, read these instructions:

Open your UNTOUCHED ISO with UMDGen 4.00 and go to File -> File List -> Export... and save it as a .txt file (thisgame.txt for example)
    Close UMDGen
    * Reopen UMDGen and reaccess the ISO File
    * Retrieve the file EBOOT.BIN located in the folder PSP_GAME / SYSDIR of your ISO (clicking with right mouse button at it and choosing Extract Selected).
    * Place this file in the \ENC folder of your Memory Stick.
    * Going into the game menu on your PSP and launchEDecrypt.1.3.Tool.
    * Press [] to patch and decrypt your file (wait few seconds, then returns to XMB homebrew).
    * Connect your PSP to your PC using your USB cable.
    * At the \ENC folder is a new folder called "done". Inside the file is located the patched EBOOT.BIN .
    * With UMDGen, replace the original file EBOOT.BIN the new resulting file.
    * Go to File -> File List -> Import... and import your previous .txt saved list (thisgame.txt for example), the program will warn you about force positions, but accept anyway
    * Rebuild your ISO clicking at Save button and upload it to the folder ms0: / ISO of your Memory Stick.
    * Your ISO is now working on your custom firmware M33,GEN,MHU,U3R and CFWE.
    Post Merge: [time]1267359437[/time]
    oh and credz to QJ.net for the tutorial
    Post Merge: [time]1267359533[/time]
    additional info, [] means square

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Was it..really solved?

And some games are reported to not work on 5.50 GEN-D 3

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, he said he decrypted it and it ran fine on Gen-D3

9. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

it wasn't actually gen-d3 it was actually gen-d (full) but i upgraded and other games should work now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.