1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Damn... I think my DSLite is screwed...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DragonQuester, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

My NDSLite's A Button is jammed, and its pushed in... If I lightly even touch it with my finger, it presses the button in the game... I was playing Mario Kart, and I barely touched the A button as it selected the courses and characters... Its really getting on my nerves... It was working fine earlier today, and then i pressed the A button once and it stayed jammed like that... I noticed that If I turn my DS upside down, the A button goes back into place but when I turn it back around, its jammed again... I dont know what to do, and I don't want to buy another DS wasting another $120

2. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

After reading your post, I think the spring for your A button is broken

You can take it to a repair shop, but I don't know the costs, but for sure it's more than 10$

3. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't pay for a new one, it would make more sense if you do what Tuna said,$10 beats $100

4. ICE-X

ICE-X Well-Known Member

Take it apart and put it back together, usually works when stuff like that happens to things :p. You might have spilled a sugary drink in there to make the button stick.

5. crazytuna

ohhh
    not the best idea if you don't have the knowledge to do that
    it's like surgery, you miss it, the DS dies

6. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Let someone with "professional" skills do it

7. crazytuna

and that's what we call that guy behind the counter in a shop we usually call
    Repair Shops

8. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Or you could get a "Tri-Wing" screwdriver and try to fix it yourself, IF you feel up to it.

9. DragonQuester

I wish I could, but I dont want to take the risk... I might take it to a repair shop, thanks for the advice

10. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Wow, it's the same as mine actually. I don't trust repair shop too so I have it stay like that :) and try to get used to it (it has been a year since it broke). My L and R button is also jammed sometimes. :(

Oh, for quick fix, hold your DS with the screen faced your face and press the button semi-rapidly until the A isn't pressed. :D Something like that...
    That's why I hate RPGs with small or zero touchscreen capabilities... but oh well, I'm playing DQV now, thanks Quester for the info. :D

11. DragonQuester

Yeah no problem, thanks for the advice... So wait you're saying I have to put the DS facing the direction of my face, and keep pressing A rapidly until It comes back to normal? Did you do that, and did it work?

12. kamuikurou

But it doesn't change the fact that the spring is broken and after that you need to push it carefully so that the button doesn't stay pressed like that too. It won't work all the time but it'll work eventually.

Oh, recently my A button has been very rarely 'stay pushed'. I've used to touch the button very softly so it won't jam. But since it broke, it has been very hard to play racing games and games that require to rapid-press the A button.

13. crazytuna

Dude, just dont play with it and then you break it for real, beyond repair point

just take it to a repair shop, play it safe

14. kamuikurou

Yes, although I also recommend to repair it, it's perfectly fine to play it while it stay like that, but I am not sure if the case is the same as mine.

Well, if you had got it repaired, please tell me how long does it take and how much does it cost :) I actually want mine to be repaired too but I haven't got the time to do it - there's always a good game at RomU one after another. :D

15. crazytuna

there weren't actually that many games since Devil Survivor came out :p

16. kamuikurou

Hummm... pretty much yes, but I've just discovered DQV and now downloading Fossil Fighter...

I really can't wait for September releases. >_<

17. crazytuna

Fossil Fighter...
    what is it again?
    Yeah September, can't wait for it too :D

18. MadmanNero

lol some new game to muck around with. I downloaded it too pretty much for the hell of it, but my 10yr old is pestering me to death to let him play it, but be something good seeing he is a pokemon freak anyway.

19. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Usually for things that are broken I usually say to myself, "well, it's already broken so it's better to try and fix it than to not fix it at all."

20. MadmanNero

Same here I dive in, hell I can't mess it up if its already broken and if I don't fix it, I hide all evidence I even tried and take it to someone that knows how to fix the original problem and any I might have added by mucking around with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.