1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dad summarizes video games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by personuser, Oct 4, 2010.

1. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

My 52-year-old dad has summarized video games in general according to him, after being enraged that I spent an entire HOUR on a final fantasy, here is the conversation:

Me: "Why don't you even TRY to like Video Games?"

Dad: "Because I refuse to, I don't wanna!. They are the Destructive Destroy....Destroyer of Young Minds and I Hate Them"

And there's his opinion.

I wonder if anybody besides Jack Thompson agrees with him?

And as far as him "trying" to like them, he only ever touched a game ONCE, and that was DDR. He waltzed around on the pad with a retarded grin and made farting noises with his mouth.

My dad is ODD.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

He's right, stop playing games now

it's not to late

3. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

He's right. You have an IQ of at least 140 and yet you're wasting your life playing, of all things, Final Fantasy. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Fart noises while playing DDR is pretty legend, though. Props to him.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

He IS right.

I don't play much anymore. I just work, go to school, and play retro games IF I have time.

5. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Suicide is the only answer now, you've gone too far into this world of video games, an hour of final fantasy? good lord

6. personuser

Yeah, I suppose I have gone too far. But I think I will be able to avoid An Hero.

Well, I do have that musical coming up. I got in the CHORUS, WOW.

Not that I can't sing or act better than the other auditioners, but I think this best sums up the position of the director:

[​IMG]

and yes, the director is a flaming homosexual.

He's also got the only theater within Five towns in our area.

7. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

You people don't take it seriously, all you do is joke when he is in trouble, and his father don't accept him...
    Okay now I gonna tell what he really shoulda do...
    So watch and learn kids.
    Boyo you shoulda grab him into a seat and get a rope and arrest him there and make him watch games til he start likeing it XD

*SARCASM*
    *JOKING*

8. HeartofSword

HeartofSword Well-Known Member

He's right

lol
    Man,try to play a game about something your dad likes.If he likes golf [wtf],try to play a GOOD golf game.Also,try to show him a FUCKING SMART game [fuckng epic story,music and such],cause old people these days think that video games are something like,only ''run,jump and beat the stage'' or something close to Pac-Man.

9. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

How is playing a game any different to reading a novel?

10. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

You are lucky!
    My dad used to take over and I had to sit and watch.

11. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

My Dad used to buy me video games so he wouldn't have to actually raise me.

EDIT: Prose.

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Here in my country, the most common argument people who do not appreciate video gaming give is that video games are for kids. The best way to counter this of course is to show them ultra violent games like GTA & obscene games known commonly as Hentai Games.

Let your dad play things like Rumble Roses, Dead or Alive or hardcore stuff like Knights of Xentar, Isaku or Mobius Roid & see if his point of view doesn't change :p

13. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Men are persistent. It's bad to play video games for an extended period of time. That's why I do it.

14. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

wtf you are a boy.
    now that is really f*** up he basically sued ever gta game of that rdr and gta4

15. personuser

Don't forget mortal kombat....ahhh....beating the shit outta him in armageddon is so relaxing.

16. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

lol oh and make him play a game like limbo

17. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

My dad bough me games when I was infant, he says "I don't really like it, but if you do, and it's a good thing, then I see no problem on you playing it"
    So he don't like, but accept my opinion.
    In fact your father is kinda ignorant, sorry to say it, but ain't it tha true?

And my grandpa enjoy watching me playing MAFIA II, and he laugh and say "Those north americans don't even know that it's not CAPICHE, the correct is CAPISCE"

18. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

Lol when i was 8 or something i used to play Medal of Honor rising Sun with my dad on the Xbox

19. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Now that you say it...I've only played Mario Kart Wii with my mom & dad...nothing else...

Though most older people don't see the fun in video games.