1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cylic Redundancy Check -_-

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by adogalog, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adogalog

adogalog Active Member

Whenever I copy files onto my microSD i get a cylic redundancy check, especially larger files > 100MB

Help very much appreciated.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Are you trying to extract the files from the RAR, and are getting a CRC Failed? That means the download was corrupted, and you must redownload it. Use a download manager like FlashGet to help solve the problem of corrupted downloads.

Likely your connection is flaky at times, and the time it takes to download 100MB+ files gives it enough time to fail.

If you are getting the error when just copying a file over to your SD card, then you should backup any important files and format your SD card, and start fresh.

3. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

!? this is going to sound dumb, but I had that error once and I was told that it was my Hard Drive going out....which sadly it did and I haven't been able to get a replacement yet, but is a "Cyclic Redundancy Check" a sign of a bad sectors on a hard drive as well? if not then I wonder if my drive is able to be resurrected...

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It occurs usually when data has been modified accidentally etc. so yes probably.

5. adogalog

adogalog Active Member

No this is when i am copying files from my desktop(roms,saves etc etc) onto the card

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Format your SD Card and and start fresh.

7. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

so your saying the redundancy check isn't what killed my HD? reason I am saying its dead is I lost everything on the drive and even after 2 formats I tried to reinstall the OS and it installs and just about the time its starting to configue itself all I get is a black screen and it stays there...bah! i'm getting off subject, but this has given me a reason to monkey with my hard drive again hate having a laptop I can't use.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the CRC error was at most a warning.

9. adogalog

adogalog Active Member

I've formatted several times with no success.

I'm using the default sd card reader that comes with the TTDS

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You might need to use another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.