1. This forum is in read-only mode.

CycloDS troubles

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by girlsjustwant2havefun, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. girlsjustwant2havefun

girlsjustwant2havefun Active Member

I am having trouble with Kingdom Hearts and was told to download the newest filmware for my Cyclo, (I am still using 1.54) but I can't seem to get the filmware off my computer and onto my T-Flash. When I downloaded it from the site Jzip automaticly came up to retrieve the file, but when I try to extract it to my T-Flash I get an error message that reads "jzip could not create the file '\\F:\update.evo.' Please check and try again". I tried registering with CycloDS to get help from their support forum but as soon as I put in my info it gave me a message saying they band my email address. I have no idea why! Please help me figure this out! I don't know alot about computers, but I can follow step by step instructions!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I can't help with the problem but I can explain why your email was "banned".

It's because your letting yourself open up for hackers and other scammers.

You should avoid posting email adresses online-you never know what's gonna happen-someone may send a virus or whatever.

They just edit your post here-but we use the private message button "pm for short".

Sorry I can't help-I use a different brand of card, but if I remember correctly, jzip is a download program...

I think it may have gotten download corruption-have ou tried re-downloading it?

3. girlsjustwant2havefun

I should try to re-download jZip?

4. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Go download the free version of WinRAR, and use that instead of jZip.
    Also go to the TC forums and find the newest beta firmware then download and unrar it using WinRAR.
    Drag it onto your card's home directory and then start your Cyclo up and hit the A button when it asks to update.
    Here is a link to the beta forum topic.

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12233

Goodluck.

5. girlsjustwant2havefun

There are alot of sites offering WinRAR. Which one do you think would be best?

6. Griswold77

Griswold77 Active Member

Get it from Romulation. I did as I don`t trust other sites.

7. girlsjustwant2havefun

Thanks for the tip. I am also nervous about downloading from sites I don't know. Where on Romulations can I find WinRAR?

8. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

9. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is where i got mine as well.
    Or if you are into that kind of stuff just find a torrent you can trust and download the cracked full version.
    That can be risky though if you aren't an experienced Torrent user.

10. Griswold77

Griswold77 Active Member

It`s in Technical> Tutorials> Topic: Fool-Proof .RAR Tutorial. My advice to you is to read everything in technical. It helps to learn as much as you can. There is so much useful information on this site.

11. girlsjustwant2havefun

okay I downloaded WinRAR from Romulations. Now all old files that use to be jZip are now WinRAR archives and have the WinRAR icon next to them, even the newest filmware I downloaded earlier with jZip. When I go to extract it to my T-Flash I get an error message that reads "Cannot create folder F:\" What does that mean? What am I not doing?

12. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would go with 7zip as opposed to WinRar. It handles more filetypes and is 100% free with no nag screens. Never tried Jzip, so I don't know anything about that one.

As for your e-mail being banned over at Team Cyclops.....they won't take the more generic e-mail hosts such as hotmail and other general e-mail hosts because of potential spammers. You have to use a REAL e-mail host....like from your ISP.

By the way, the newest firmware for the CycloDS is currently 1.56b3.
    Get that here:
    http://www.cyclopsds.com/downloads/evo-firmware-1.56-BETA_3.zip
    I don't know if you have to be registered to access that or not, but it's directly from TC themselves.

Hope that helps you! :)

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Extract the file to your computer first, then move it to your MicroSD card.

14. girlsjustwant2havefun

I downloaded filmware 1.56-Beta_3 off of Romulation using WinRAR. When I right click on it my options are: Extract Files, Extract here, and Extract to evo-firmware-1.56-BETA_3\. I tried "Extracting files" to my T-Flash and got an error saying "Cannot create folder F:\". I tried "Extract Here" which broke it down to a "text document" and an "EVO file". When I right click on the "EVO file" my options are: "Add to archive", "Add to "update.rar"", "Compress and Email", and "Compress to "update.rar" and email". I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...or even WHAT I'm doing for that matter!

15. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Just dobble click on your winrar file and select all, drag the files from the inside winrar arcive to what ever file on your desktop that you would like to copy them to

Are the files to you card

Click on mycomputer fined the letter drive you are using, open it, drag and drop files from winrar arcive to it

16. girlsjustwant2havefun

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!!!!! I have been downloading roms for so long without any problems and had never updated my filmware. I couldn't understand why I was having such a problem, but then I remembered the stupid T-Flash that came with my CycloDs never worked right. I used a different USB and low and behold, problem solved! I am such an idiot!! Thanks guys!! Kisses!!!!!!!

17. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Oh.

Ya, the USB adapter for the MicroSD that came with my CycloDS didn't work either, I had to get one from Wal-mart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.