1. This forum is in read-only mode.

cyclods problem?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by titen96, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titen96

titen96 Well-Known Member

im having a problem with my cyclods there are games that i have that whenever i close the ds the screen and light start blinking rapidly untill the ds turns of and its happened before i even get a chance to save

also if this is in the wrong topic can you move it?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Don't close the DS screen before saving?

3. titen96

i dont mean that what i mean is that whenever i close my ds the screen blinks a few time making a liud noise and then turning off

4. TirithRR

What firmware are you using?

Edit:
    I tested it out on my CycloDS, with 1.56b3.
    Playing Kingdom Hearts, I closed my DS, the screen shut off just once, and turned on again when I opened it.

The only way I could make my screen flicker and "pop" is if I closed it right to the point where the DS shut off, and then open and closed it a little repeatedly. This caused the screen to turn off and on quickly, and when the DS screen quickly turned back on there was a slight "pop" noise. This noise is audible only when the DS screen does not have enough time to completely shut down and a little bit more to "cool down" so to say.

I would be thinking that the switch in your hinge on your DS may be going, and "flickering" as your DS is being closed.

5. titen96

is there any way to fix it because i have beta 3 1.56
    Post Merge: [time]1259807243[/time]
    also what you said mine made the pop noises repeatedly

6. TirithRR

It could be a hardware problem, and I don't know how to fix that.

But you could try to update to the 1.56b4 released earlier today and see if that helps. There is one bug in it, you cannot adjust the brightness from the CycloDS settings menu, but if you use a DS Phat like me, it doesn't have brightness settings anyway (it's old :( )

7. titen96

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.