1. This forum is in read-only mode.

CycloDS Freezing lots again...

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by 3doxiemom, May 28, 2010.

1. 3doxiemom

3doxiemom Member

Hello - I had this posted in the Technical help, but no one replied, and I thought I had found a fix, but all my games are now freezing...HELP!!

Here's how the problem started: I loaded game #4162 and the freezing started; of course, I read all the threads afterwards on the anti-piracy. So, I did all the below to my card. I thought it was okay, but now, every game I play is freezing! It's either the Beta v1.58 OR, I was wondering if I removed the #4162 and it's .sav file, if that would help. I did that just a little bit ago. If there's something that I'm missing, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

my cycloDS card is about 4 months old, and was freezing a lot. I did the following:

saved my DS GAMES and SAVES folders to my PC
    installed v1.58 of firmware - frequent freezes continued
    downloaded & ran the Panasonic card formatting software - it completed successfully
    the only software I put back on the card was the update.evo file; inserted my card back into NDS, ran the installation; it upgraded successfully

copied the DS GAMES and SAVES folders back to the root of my card
    games seem to be playing fine now - but NONE of the SAVES folder files are showing at the start of the games to select a saved game.

Any help is very much appreciated

Post Merge: Wednesday May 26, 2010, 12:41:54 AM

:-[ NEVER MIND...I found the following after MUCH searching & reading today, and it fixed my problem!

"Everyone pretty much knows that Alternative save mode will make save files go in the specified folder. "

Well...I didn't know that this mode saves your save files in the SAME folder as your games. So, I just copied all my saved files and put them into the DS GAMES folder, voila!

2. Zhuo_Xing

Zhuo_Xing Well-Known Member

How do I fix occasional game freezes?Recently,my NDS games tends to freeze more often.I am currently using a cycloDS iEvolution,firmware v2.30

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Make your own thread.
    Posting in a 2+ year old thread won't help.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Get/buy a new and better supported flash cartridge, yours already abandoned by it's maker and no third party support either.

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Someone really needs to get onto that.
    Has RGF attempted it?

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Don't think so, none bothered far as I know.

7. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Mm.
    I'll have a look at the CycloDS firmware sometime this week. See if there is any similarities to YSMenu that I can use.