1. This forum is in read-only mode.

CycloDs filmware

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by girlsjustwant2havefun, May 13, 2011.

1. girlsjustwant2havefun

girlsjustwant2havefun Active Member

Hi! I haven't downloaded anything in over a year. I'm trying to download the Lego Pirates of the Caribbean game, but when I put it in my Ds it's not there. My filmware is 1.59 and probably needs an update, maybe that will fix my problem. Can someone send me a link for the latest CycloDS filmware?

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Just to make sure, you're unraring the nds file right?

3. girlsjustwant2havefun

Propably Not! ::) I'm not very tech savvy and haven't downloaded in such a long time, I'm probably leaving something out. I downloaded, right clicked and extracted the file to my SD card. That's it... Please tell me this is an easy fix!!!

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

A firmware update will probably fix it.

If possible, try and grab a beta version of the latest release. They seem to have the latest AP workarounds on the beta versions.

5. girlsjustwant2havefun

Can you tell me where I can find that?

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

yeah. you might need to unzip the game. it has to be a .nds file. and the latest cyclods firmware is 2.2, download here: http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl?page=support

7. girlsjustwant2havefun

Thank you so much for the link! Can you give me step by step directions on how to unzipped a file, in case that's something I have to do?

8. iluvfupaburgers

simply right click the file, and look for "extract"

9. girlsjustwant2havefun

Ok, well I think I'm getting that part right. I'll try the update and hope that fixes it. Should I download 2.2 AND the b.5? Or is the 2.2 all I need?

10. iluvfupaburgers

11. girlsjustwant2havefun

Thank you, you really have been a really big help!

12. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

If the latest firmware release is 2.2 b5, then get that. 2.2 is the latest official release, but again, it won't have all of the features that b1, b2, b3, b4, and b5. So if there were any AP workarounds (which there usually are) in any of those beta releases, 2.2 won't have them.