1. This forum is in read-only mode.

CycloDS Evolution VS. R4 Original

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Retropower, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Retropower

Retropower Active Member

I've already bought the Original R4 ($6.10) but I was wondering what CycloDS Evolution ($62-79) is like?

I've visited their website, and it looks very cleaned up and has a good format compared to the R4
    website. The actual flashcart looks great , it comes in a shiny tin case and I couldn't resist
    something that shiny :D

I've heard also that the interface of CycloDS is pretty good and the ROMs load quicker than R4.
    But pricewise I just had to go for the R4 because it was cheap, good & did the sames things as
    Cyclo.

So I'm just wondering what would YOU recommend?

- Retropower

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If you have an original R4, I wouldn't buy another card. Wood makes it good enough. Anything else would be a waste of money (unless you were upgrading to a DSi).

3. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Yeah , Why do you need a CycloDS ?

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I always found them 1) not in my price range and 2) not as good as other carts that cost less.

5. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Indeed

6. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

I am a proud cyclods fan, before they went a bit broke they were the best card on the mart, 98% games work and if they don't they will have a patch, i would recommend a cyclods, but if you want a cheap card that can break if you drop get a r4

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Forgot my recommendation. :p

I would recommend the Acekard 2i. Best card I ever owned.