1. This forum is in read-only mode.

cyclo or r4/m3?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fgghjjkll, Jun 29, 2008.

1. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll Well-Known Member

i have a r4ds and thinking of getting a cyclo. i've been racking my brains thinking should i throw r4 in the bin and get a cyclo or should i keep r4.
    i dont think r4/m3 company support the r4/m3 updates anymore. so new release games might not run well on r4. ???

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

If you don't care about how CycloDS costs more than R4, get CycloDS. It has better compatibility rate than R4, and it has save states etc. They're still supporting the R4 firmware, it's just been a while since they've released a new one.

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

don't get a cyclo unless the r4 is utterly useless.
    why have two flashcarts?

4. anandjones

There's not really a point on having two Slot 1 or Slot 2 flashcarts, that's for sure. If you want to go for a newish flashcart, try EDGE or iTouchDS, which is made by the M3 team, it's supposed to be good. Otherwise, get a CycloDS if you're an impatient type.

5. rodney

rodney Active Member

Cyclo all the way. They are constantly updating firmware with new features, their community is excellent, loads of help when needed. It's worth it for the real time save feature alone. :)

6. anandjones

Only by you guys :p

7. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Get Cyclo DS... though I have a R4 I would prefer it. They both are almost the same but the price differs.

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

They're not almost the same at all no, the way they run the games differ, there's a lot of behind-the-scene code that sets them apart.

9. rodney

rodney Active Member

I agree with seph, they are far from the same. Cyclo has some incredible features, real time save in any game, rumble with slot 2 device and with the latest firmware stable is a beta almost stable feature that allows you to run gba games wiyth your slot 2 device without pre-patching. ;D

10. fgghjjkll

t about supercard. it also has real-time save and in game reader.

11. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Maybe I'll try the CycloDS after my R4 finally becomes FUBAR. ::)

12. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

If I was getting a DS, I'd be getting a Supercard. If it'd happen to disappoint me, then I'd go for the CycloDS.

13. anandjones

Supercard is supposed to be nearly as good as CycloDS.

14. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

That's my point. :p

15. fgghjjkll

ok then.bye bye R4DS,its been great meeting you but sadly your going into the bin or maybe you'll find yourself in someones DS.

16. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I'm holding out for EDGE at the moment. It sounds promising, and it's either that or some crap card made in taiwan >.> .

17. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I don't think EDGE is entirely bad either, it's a rather new card made to clone CycloDS if I remember correctly.

18. rodney

rodney Active Member

This is from maxconsoles forum,

the edge card is a bit of an oddity, its a very good basic card however it relies on using a hacked version of the cyclo evo firmware with all the cyclos premium features removed, its compatability is good but its totaly reliant on team cyclops not changing their encryption on the evo's firmware, if they do then edge wont get updates untill they can crack any new encryption.

Hope that helps. Cyclo evo all the way. ;D

19. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

i love how everything is based off of the cyclo or the r4.
    hence, the only two real flashcarts are the cyclo and the r4.

20. manjithxxx

manjithxxx Well-Known Member

How much does it cost?

Also can we get it from game stores or should we buy it online?