1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Curious.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robolink, May 28, 2010.

1. robolink

robolink Well-Known Member

I have been keeping this in my mind for like a year now. It seems that every time I come across comments for a new DS game that's been uploaded 60% or so of them are about non-compatibility issues with their flash cart..mainly R4.

I am sure the "R4" and many of those other lower end flash carts worked fine like a year+ ago but with all the complaining and even people waiting a month or more for a patch for their cart it seems that the carts fail more times than they run a Rom correctly. I just figure, average price for flash carts are 30 bucks or so, basically the price of one legit copy of a DS game. I understand money now and days isn't too easy to come by and that's why I am here but I am sure after a year someone could come up with 40 bucks for a new-end flash cart.

Like most technology people that deal with "bugs" or "tech issues" stop supporting older outdated products and seeing as 60% of comments and probably 20% of this forums help topics are about patches/fixes for outdated carts the site would stop supporting the carts and say "If you have a cart on this list we cant help you, buy one of these and get back to us", that's how most technology works now days.

I myself have a AceKard 2i, the only time I have ever had any freezing or AP problems was when I first got my AceKard 2i and did not know about the Akaio firmware/loader, if any time a new rom comes out that I cant run I update the firmware and so far its always fixed the problem.

I payed 30 bucks plus shipping like over 6 months ago so I cant see how people can sit for over a month waiting for fixes while there are 2 or 3 flash carts out there that run with little to no problems ever.

has nobody else been curious of the same?

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

My Acekard 2 + 4 GB flashcard and shipping was only $20.

Although technically you're not suppose to put compatibility issues in the rom comments i don't think

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Money. Laziness. Etc.

I'm a uni student, I have no money left at the end of the week. I have no way to pay for a new flashcart so I will just keep using my R4 with Wood.

4. greatlordgabriel

greatlordgabriel New Member

I am new here. And well, I don' really know where to ask this but, can anyone help me? I have an action replay for my dsi and I have down loaded two games, I have put those games on a micro sd card and put that card into my action replay. Now, everything is fine until I try and load any two of those games then it says "Loading Games..." then the screen goes white or black and the game won't load. PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP?

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The action replay is purely a cheat device, it is not made to run NDS roms. You'll need an actual flash cart (Acekard2i) to run commercial NDS roms.