1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Curious about AR codes... (stardust accelerator)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tigerkun07, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

well, im just playing it to see what the card game has become mainly... i used to play it back a few years ago, and i know its gotten more interesting... so i want to cheat and just play around with all the cards and stuff lol...

i already gave it a shot... but i cant get the cheat codes to activate while im playing... the only one i tried was the MAX DP code, and well, i dunno if theres buttons i need to press in game... or if it was meant to activate on its own, but i have 71 DP, and it isnt changing yet...

any help?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What device are you using to play the game? Flashcart, emulator etc. We need to know, in order to give you specific instructions on how to enable Action Replay codes. :)

3. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

Im using an R4ds, kernel 1.8... and im also using the american version of stardust accelerator... i fiddled around with it a little more last night... but to no avail.

all i want is the max DP cheat to work... i dont mind unlocking stuff, not at all, but id like to just buy out the packs from the sets i can now so i can make a decent deck. lol.
    Post Merge: [time]1245088931[/time]
    i have what is supposed to be the american Max DP AR code, and i added it to my R4, its on, and all that... but i cant get it to activate in game... i dunno if i need an activator for this code even, but its not showing up... some people said you need to start a new game... i tried that, it didnt work either... so yeah, thats really all the info i have so far...

hopefully you can help.
    Post Merge: [time]1245085659[/time]
    02120dd8 05f5e0ff that is the fabled max DP code for the (U) version of stardust accelerator... so yeah...

4. anandjones

Use the usrcheat.dat from cheats.gbatemp.net and delete some entires with R4CCE (by Yasu). Codes that require an Activator (ie key press) have a code similar to: 94000130 FDFB0000

5. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

Ive tried this... but ill give it another shot... have you given this a test yourself? and i shouldnt have to use an activator or should i?

6. anandjones

Depends if the code has it or not. Yes I have with my R4. Did you properly enable the cheats and saved them before playing?

7. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

i believe so... what all did you have checked? also, for the gbatemp files, i deleted every single game but yu-gi-oh since i dont wanna cheat on my other games, and since all i want is the maxDP cant i just delete all the other cheats in general? and i dont need to start a new game, or do i?
    Post Merge: [time]1245125529[/time]
    oh, and also... im not getting the (Y) cheat option when i go to boot the rom on my R4... i am using r4cee... i saved it to my system folder on it... is there something im doing wrong there? it works when i use cheat code editor from the R4 site...

8. anandjones

Are the game IDs the same as in the database and your ROM? Are you using usrcheat.dat?

9. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

good question... lemme double check the game ID, but im pretty sure it is... ill have a look real fast... ill use cheat code editor to look real fast.
    Post Merge: [time]1245133130[/time]
    according to what i have it is CY8E b620e357 which is not the same as the (U) codes on the GBAtemp data base... does that mean im running a different countries rom? if so i downloaded a "english" copy, and was lied to... no harm and all, really.
    Post Merge: [time]1245129628[/time]
    wait... im looking on the gbatemp database, none of the countries codes match this one at all o_O... what do i do? did i download some rom someone tampered with entirely?
    Post Merge: [time]1245127265[/time]
    do you think it would be in my best interest to download a japanese copy of the game? after all, it has english settings...

10. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Anand,you forgot something to tell him.R4DS has limitation to use cheat.The cheat file which is Cheat.dat must not exceeded 4MB .So you need to edit the cheat file using R4CCE.

Be sure though,there are inscription to use cheat in R4 in the upper screen.Or maybe Yu-Gi-Oh!5D's doesn't have it cheat.

11. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

Im having so much trouble, and i feel stupid as hell... ok... the us version that i downloaded, its ID code doesnt match the gbatemp files codes... the japanese file i just downloaded doesnt either... i dont understand what im doing wrong all together... i got the cheat button to show up on my ds (before entering the game, so i can turn it on) and now i cant even get that to work... the save was "Chear.dat" and all... i didnt see the size of the cheat... i dont believe it was over 4mb since it was a single cheat code...

12. forte_amirul

You don't get it,I'm assuming.

The whole Cheat.dat which all must not exceeded 4 MB not the cheat you're using.

13. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

no i do get that much... i said it cant be that big since its a single code, and a single folder containing it... i believe the problem is simple, which is... the games ID doesnt match the america code ID from the GBAtemp websites download... im currently downloading a different source for the US game, and am gonna check its ID... im hopeing this one will be correct... if not, then i dunno what the hell is wrong...

the code is supposed to be CY8E B2E2A32D, and i was getting something that ended with B620... etc... it wasnt a match, so im hoping this copy is the correct ID.

im greatful for both your help though... i just cant seem to make this work... earlier i had it so that the cheat option was available before booting the game... now i cant get it to appear... so i dunno whats up.
    Post Merge: [time]1245134375[/time]
    and to be precise the Cheat.Dats total size is aproximately less than 500 bytes...

14. forte_amirul

Okay here is the simplest explanation I can tell you.

http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

Okay,download the Cheat.dta from there.

When the download complete,what is it memory?How much MB?If it is more than 4 MB,delete all the Japanese code to make it work with R4CCe.

15. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

Ok, well i may have gotten some progress... i downloaded a new US version, the codes matched up, ok... then i had to alter the arm7.bin to make the game work... when i altered it (using the arm7.bin from tetris, since it wasnt coded like the new ones) it altered the games ID number... it switched from CY8E B2E2A32D to CY8E b620e357 when i altered the arm 7... anyone have any idea whats up now?

16. forte_amirul

Well,I never arm 7 patch.Never do it to play game on my R4DS.All of it went smooth even without arm 7.:p

17. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

where do you download your roms from? and how new is your R4? is the kernel 1.8... cause like, most games i DL end up needing the Arm7.bin swapped using DsLazy... i dont quite understand what the hell is going on.
    Post Merge: [time]1245136219[/time]
    whenever i dont swap arm7 with most new games, i get a "cannot read card" error when i load the rom.

18. forte_amirul

I'm using R4DS with R4 v.1.18.I never patch my game.Never.Don't know why you need to patch it.Are you using the R4 clones one or the original one?They have different kernel for each.

19. Tigerkun07

Tigerkun07 Active Member

i have a real r4 yes lol, and 1.18 kernel as well....

good news! the one i DLed from romulation didnt need patched this time, and the cheat option is available, im testing the Max DP now.

20. forte_amirul

Download RomS from RomU.It's better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.