1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Creating The Right CD Image File

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by McNutty, Jul 14, 2010.

1. McNutty

McNutty Member

What program do i use to make the cd image file for ePSXe from an iso??? is that even possible??? please help??? i have some games but my ps2 is expiring and i would love to keep playing them

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You mean copy a ps1 game disc to make an iso?

Use img burn-it doesn't just burn games to disc :)

3. McNutty

McNutty Member

Nah i mean how do u turn an iso into a "Virtual CD Image" that will play on ePSXe, a .bin or .img file (that will probably help lol) :)
    Virtual cd v10 makes the wrong type of virtual thing, a vc6 or vc4 or watever, and i hav the iso's for the games but i need to know what program to use to make the .img or .bin

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

okay, let me make sure i know what you want....you want an iso file, to be on a drive, under my computer, with out a disk correct? i know those are dumbass terms, but i'm tired....

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That's what ImgBurn does. ::)

6. McNutty

McNutty Member

@ hypnos no, i want to know if it is possible to turn an iso into a .img or .bin so i can play on ePSXe.
    And thanks, ace101

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

ePSXe runs ISO images...it always has. :p

8. McNutty

McNutty Member

so... its just the iso that's the problem??? ok, that's the thread ender... thanks

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Probably. :p
    If the ISO doesn't load, then it is faulty or you need to use a different plugin.

10. McNutty

McNutty Member

yeah it's just that the other games i have are all .bin and .img so i thought the developer of ePSXe just failed. nvm.
    the game i hav is hogs of war, got it from here (its scratched) and it didnt work, because it was wrong format. extracted, made into iso, and didnt work... anyone download that nd find a solution??? i dont have the downloaded files anymore, i extracted them with magicISO, cause ePSXe wouldnt read them or it was just broken (i think both)
    Post Merge: [time]1279077857[/time]
    I tried imgburn on one of my discs that works perfectly, and it says the .STR file is unreadable, yet when i check the images from other things, it has them in it. How the hell do i do that??? i cant copy it onto my computer either, as it is 'unreadable' More Halp???

11. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

I use a combo of daemon tools and UltraISO for all my emulation and hacking need and it hasnt failed me yet