1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cracked Vs Clean roms and what they mean?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gamerace19, Jul 28, 2010.

1. gamerace19

gamerace19 Well-Known Member

Okay so I am starting to see Roms that are cracked and those that are clean, what i want to know is just whats the difference(s) between them?

Also anyone can tell me which Tales of Innocence to dl then patch for no$ gba?

Sorry if i seem stupid but while I am at least i like to think a little intelligent, I am ignorant in this area as i have never had to use patches before s0 never learned them lol

2. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Cracked means the rom has been modified before while clean rom means it is clean ;D

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Being new in a certain area doesn't mean you're stupid.

A clean ROM is an unedited ROM. Meaning it's exactly how it was from the DS Card.
    A Cracked ROM is an edited Clean ROM. Usually fixes AP or is a patch for some sorts.

If you have an old firmware for your card, you may have to download a Cracked ROM.

For the Tales of Innocence game, the ZZ Patch will make your CLEAN ROM a Cracked ROM.
    So download a Clean ROM for patching.

4. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Yeah,now you get it.

Clean Rom is the not yet edited Rom of a Cracked Rom which is the Patched version of a Clean Rom >:D

5. gamerace19

gamerace19 Well-Known Member

Hmm so get clean rom if theres no problem ap or if firmware fixes the problem and cracked is for emulators and ap your firmware has not yet gotten a fix for yet?

Did i get the general idea at least? ???

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes. Additionally collectors almost always want clean roms.

7. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Yes. If it doesn't work, you may have to patch. Remember, it could also be something on your game itself.

8. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Either one is fine.
    The latest no$gba (the 2.6a one) can play Tales Of Innocence either in a clean or patched rom.